• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Strange problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Midnight Dream

OSPF Loving Member
Ok, here is how it is. I decided to go back and look at my HDD problem, and see if I could fix it. So far, the thought was that it was just one HDD. So I grabbed another HDD and replaced it. Same thing. >.< Ok, maybe the IDE chain? I grabbed another IDE cable and replaced it. Same thing. Ok, so I figured maybe the slave slot on the primary IDE chain. Hooked it up to my IDE PCI Card, and started the comp up. Same thing. I am currently back to the first HDD, since it was larger, and moving some files back to it. It is acting very slowly, not like normal file transfers between computers. My comp will lag every half-second or so. I just wanna know, why my computer doing this??

Asus P4S533-MX mobo
P4 2.2GHz
Maxtor 100/133 Ultra ATA PCI card
Current Primary Slave: Fireball LCT 15

corrupted IDE drivers perhaps? Maybe a windows issues? When's the last time you reinstalled windows? What about the mobo, have you reinstalled the drivers that go with the mobo's IDE channels?

It does it when starting up Linux as well, so I dont think its that. And I dont know of any drivers that operate on the BIOS level. I will try reflashing the BIOS though.

Back