• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Are these the same Gainwards?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
well if you click on newegg's product link, gainward shows you a card with a completely different heatsink combo, that is the combo for the GT 6800. Plus buyextremegear's price is 20$ short of the retail, which would make me cautious as to buy the card. And newegg's price is 71$ over retail, and not even in stock.

Yeah, I don't give much thought to most of the pictures as they could be of GT's or similar cards.

However, both sites show that the manufactures product number is the same which matches the number on the Gainward site. I've called buyxtreme but they apparently have too many calls as I get stuck in an endless voice answering loop.

I might just drive over there as it turns out their office is 13 miles away.

the newegg 6800ultra is a "Gainward Golden Sample" which means it is hand picked out of the rest of the ultras the gpu the memory etc so that is the best quality and they always come pre-overclocked
which means the clock speed stated of 400mhz and 1100mhz is wrong its actually more
although im not 100% certain what the clcok speed is and gainward dont list it because they dont believe in listing clock speeds or some crap but if you send them an email asking what its clocked at im almost certain they will reply with the answer as ive seen someone ask before i just cant remember were that was now

yeah that golden sample card isnt really worth it, i would just go ahead and get the cheaper one and overclock it yourself...save a few bucks. :thup:

Last edited:
Back