• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WC nightmare. Check this out

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
greenman100 said:
another example of posting without knowledge of subject at hand

You seem to be posting that sentence at every given opportunity. Ok, if its going to cause someone big problems with their setup then fine. but for something as harmless as that, a simple post to correct them would suffice, theres no need to cut people down in the process.

greenman100 said:
take a look at AMD's datasheets, mmmkay?

same or greater heat output on an A64 as AXP

another example of posting without knowledge of subject at hand

Sarcastic little f&*^ aint you? AXP's dont need water either genious. Im at 2.6 Ghz on an XP with air cooling and never see 50c, so is there any useful point to your sarcastic comment?

OK let's all chill for a moment. We could say that nothing NEEDS to be water cooled. I mean, not every Prescott is watercooled and they get by just fine. But, this is the water cooling section is it not?

And all I did was ask what the water would give for temp's did I not ? Is that not a reasonable question? No reason for some self rightous *** to be making cracks.

I have my danger den setup and my amd64 3000+ oc'd to 2300mhz was 16c cooler on F@H load. I now am on a 3200+ oc'd to 2500mhz and getting the same temp I was as the previous chip. No clue what this one does on stock cooling though. BTW get rid of the resevoir and just do a T. I have pics of my setup if you search for the thread I made.

I have a Criticool Waterplant (kinda what your res looks like) and a DD12V-D4 pump also. That little pump pushes some water and causes a lot of turbulence in mine also. My mix is VW/Audi blue antifreeze (10%) and distilled water (90%). Anyhow, I've got the reservoir verticle and the hose coming out the bottom, but also have a ton of bubbles. I started tilting the computer back and forth and running the pump from another computer's PSU also trying to clear as much of the bubbles out that I can. Hopefully I'll be able to get that to work and stay bubble-free. I may have to pull the input barb and try to superglue (or something) an extension of hose on it to raise the opening of the input barb up a few inches to try to cut some of the turbulence down.

I'd rather not drop voltage to the pump to slow it down at all, but we'll see.

Back