• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WC nightmare. Check this out

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

seaborn

Well I am seriously thinking of going back to are if nothing but to gain my sanity back. I kept getting real bad foamup(even after 12 hours running). So on my last system drain which was about 5 minutes ago, I made a booboo.
Is there a classified section on the fourms.

MVC-349S.jpg

seaborn said:
Well I am seriously thinking of going back to are if nothing but to gain my sanity back. I kept getting real bad foamup(even after 12 hours running). So on my last system drain which was about 5 minutes ago, I made a booboo.
Is there a classified section on the fourms.

Well did anything break or do you just have an empty wet case? :confused:

That sucks =/

Yes, there is a Classifieds section. It's at the bottom of the Forums listing.

jamesavery22 said:
Well did anything break or do you just have an empty wet case? :confused:

I dont think it fried anything because i was during the test phase and had another computer supplying power to the pump. But I am going to let it all dry off for a while. The setup was the following:

DD BlackIce Dual 80 rad and 120Pro Rad of same brand
RBX, Maze4 on NB, DD G6800 Block
D4 Pump

Seems Like not that much stuff when I think of all the money I spent. :) Oh Well

You're just going to sell all your watercooling stuff?

JoT said:
You're just going to sell all your watercooling stuff?

I am seriously thinking about it. Which stinks because I already modded the case for the whole project. Plus my Maze 4 is permanantly stuck to the NB because the epox board had no other way to mount it.

what where you using... did you try just distled water... i use HydrX Coolant if you get it from the swiftech site it only cost a 1.35 and you mix it with 1 liter of distiled water... have yet to have a problem with it...

GL on the parts still working

That really stinks. So what exactly happened? Anything dead? I would like to know so I can try and not make the same mistake when my D4 and RBX are delivered.

i wouldnt give up just yet. this is what leak tests are for! as long as nothing has power everything should be fine, jsut dont let it get corroded.
i'm almost done my first WC...i'll mount it in the case and leak test it sometime. i gotta get to HD first.
dont give up, itll all be worth it in the end...

like como said you really need to dry those parts off, get some cue tips and make sure you get the small areas too

I think the main problem was that i was frustrated. If you look at the "foaming" post then you will see why. That was the third time I had to take it apart in one day and the way I had it set up it was tuff to tear down. Anyway I talk to a friend who said that my foaming was because the return was coming in fromn the top of the res and the pump was sucking it out of the bottom. I was going for a waterfall look but i am starting to think that it is mot possible without running straight water. Here is the foam pic.
MVC-347S.jpg

Damn that sucks, but you shouldn't give up so quickly, you got some good stuff and I'm sure it's gonna work great!

well use straight water and add in additives slowly like a few teaspoons an hour and hopefully it will settle that way.

I was going for a waterfall look but i am starting to think that it is mot possible without running straight water. Here is the foam pic.
I doubt the waterfall look is going to fly. Aside from the foaming it obviously caused, it's also going to introduce bubbles into your system, reducing the water's heat capacity and increasing your temps.

Im not to sure you'd need water cooling on a A64 rig anyway but just out of curiosity what kind of temps would that rig give if you had the water working properly? I will be building a new rig after the first of the year and it looks like I will be going to an A64 rig also so Im curious to see if water is even worth it on the A64.

Dragonprince said:
Im not to sure you'd need water cooling on a A64 rig anyway but just out of curiosity what kind of temps would that rig give if you had the water working properly? I will be building a new rig after the first of the year and it looks like I will be going to an A64 rig also so Im curious to see if water is even worth it on the A64.

take a look at AMD's datasheets, mmmkay?

same or greater heat output on an A64 as AXP

another example of posting without knowledge of subject at hand

Sorry to hear about your misfortune, stick to water cooling, and I don't know if you did or not but run a 24hr leak test and use worm drive clamps and tighten the ****net out of the, so the tubing doesn't fall..

About the Maze4 which you used epoxy on, you should have mixed in a little thermal compound so you could take it off.. never know when you have to remove your whole watercooling setup..

You spent the money, give it another shot!!

good luck :)

Back