• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

In need of new concepts for mod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Daegon

So this case comes in today, and theres now a computer in it... but it's so.... stock. So basically I am in need of creative ideas for mod projects. Preferably not super passe like (add a few fans and a window) but not too extravagent, (sp? I'm tired) like the doom 3 mod whose thread is probably above mine by the time you read this.

Basically i'm looking to do something that won't take too much time, but i've got the tools and most of the skills to more advanced shtuff. Envisioning something neat and clean, but original. Give me your thoughts.
new-case.png

inside1.png

Last edited:
well a front Air Duct would help nicely!
Window? Stealth the Drives? Paint Job?
Cup Holder? Drink cooler?

Tell us more what you are interested and what you like!

BTW, that commercial that your avatar is from is hilarius! :attn:

hm... so far i'm fairly solid on doing something with the front end, cause there's no fan there (yet) and no place to put one... yet. due to the retention system this case uses for the optical drives, i can't really move them back, so stealthing them won't work (easily) but I will sand and repaint the facias on em.. to match.

I figgure a window is prerequisite, as well as a couple led swaps (red for blue)
but like i said, i'm looking for something neat and clean, but i'm gonna go take a look though some galleries and i'll thow a couple more ideas out. Thanks for your help guys.

here's a pic of the modder friendly front

front-sans-facia.png

see those recessed slots? they're vented in the top, but that's not enough for me. the whole recessed part is coming out, then i'm thinking wire mesh or some such gets inlayed, then there is the perfect spot for an 80mm fan. There's currently just such a fan chilling right in that spot, duct taped in position.
In other news, the first mod for this box took place today. The red hard drive activity led was replaced with a blue one. Green and blue look much better together then green and red.

artists conception:

artists-concept.png

Last edited:
The front of that case is screaming for a dremmel tool. Good choice on LED colors BTW.

Back