finally got a cell phone and all my calls drop

okay, the vitals, provider is ATT, new LG phone, 'n I'm in hoboken(right across the river from manhatan) anyway, whenever I make a call it seems to randomly drop the call, anyone know why?

please help, this is my only phone for college

just let me know if ATT has crap for service out here 'n I'll get someone else

mucho thanks
    "I named the mold in my toilet Albert. He lived there for five years; until I got a girlfriend and cleaned my room." -curtis1552

Just take it back. You have like 14 days from when you sign the contract to take it back. Tell them it sucks and you want your money back.

Done.
    This space intentionally left blank.

It's the same here in Salt Lake City. Calls drop all the time if you're on their GSM network. ATT was good when they were on CDMA but their GSM network blows.

at&t blows, go with verizon. btw what LG phone do you have? Is it the new color phone? PM me with details.

You have 30 days to return it for a full refund providing you have everything and I mean everythign that came with the phone. No scratches or anything.

AT&T has went downhill horribly. It all started 4 months ago when the merger with Cingular was getting ready to begin. I filed a complaint about my Siemens S46 phone getting dropped calls and random service disconnects to 4 seperate CSRs. They all told me that GSM was superior to anything available to any other company and my phone must be bad and I need to purchase a new one. yeha like I am gonna purchase a new phone from you that is supposed to cure my current GSM issues only to be stuck with you for another year.

My g/f has GSM and she bought a brand new phone. She gets dropped calls constantly. There is no major work being done on the towers in my tri-state so this is some major issues going on with ATT.

My advice to you would be to DROP AT&T Like a mutha, and find someone else. There service continues to go downhill and will hopefully spiral into oblivion.
    "When the rich wage war it's the poor who die." - LP

wow.... ok, if it's that bad def. gunna hafta return it.mucho thanks. any advice? I'm not particularly fond of verizon because of their history with support personal and their outsourcing, but if they're the only choice.....
    "I named the mold in my toilet Albert. He lived there for five years; until I got a girlfriend and cleaned my room." -curtis1552

Actually, they all pretty much suck. Especially the national customer service. Go in and talk to the people at the store and then buy from somewhere like Amazon.com. You will get the good local service and still get a great deal. I got a good deal with Cingular, but it varies from region to region. Ask around with your friends what's good. In my area, Verizon has the best reputation, but they're also the most expensive.

CINGULAR IS THE DEVIL

i had cingular for 4 years, finally switched to sprint, i wanted to go with verizon as they are the best but they arent local in my area so i couldnt.

several (over 10)times when i called customer service their people flat out lied to me, they are a company with no integrity or honesty.
    this is just one call>>>

for the last few months i was going to keep my cingular phone just as an emergency phone to have while im down here in AR
    i call the place once again to get my 80.00 a month plan lowered to as low as possible since it wont be my primary phone. so the guy puts me on hold for like 15 min and comes back saying well for me to get a lesser plan ill need to get a different phone because the technology has changed.
    thats odd, my phone is not that old, i knew they wouldnt let me have the nationwide service but i guess if i wanted to do this i need a new plan.

so i ask him, does this mean i need to sign up for another contract?
    he was reluctant to answer and tried shuffling the subject matter into the new services ill get with this new contract and why its better to be in a contract with them.

i said well i guess you can just shut this phone off then, i am cancelling my service.
    that felt really good to say.
    so i get the final bill, i have to call on it, after another 25 min of on hold talking to 2 people who lie as fast as they talk, i was overcharged 77.00 on it.
    imagine that.
    i will never use Cingular nor will my childrens children.
    Asus Maximus Extreme IV-Z
    i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 5.0GHz
    G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB
    SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6970
    Crucial M4 128GB III SSD
    HITACHI 750GB 7200RPM SATA
    Noctua NH-D14
    Corsair 650D

I use sprint and it works rather decently.. once i get my new phone i may switch to verizon...

The main non selling point is we can't buy a phone and pick any provider to go with it... specifc phones only belong to specific providers

Asus G1Sn-B1 7/18/2008- ??
    Intel Core 2 Duo Penryn T9300 2.5GHz 6MB 800FSB/4GB DDR2/nVidia GeForce 9500M GS 512MB/15.4 WSXGA+ 1680X1050 (Wet)/320GB/Blue-Ray Disk/DVD-RW

Deceased:Sager NP9860 11/24/2004 - 7/9/2008.. R.I.P
    Intel 3.4GHZ P4 LGA775, 800FSB/3GB 533DDR2/256MB PCI-Express NVIDIA GeForce GO 6800/60GB/17" WSXGA+ 1680 X 1050/8X DL DVD-R

Quote Originally Posted by rhino56
    CINGULAR IS THE DEVIL

i had cingular for 4 years, finally switched to sprint, i wanted to go with verizon as they are the best but they arent local in my area so i couldnt.

several (over 10)times when i called customer service their people flat out lied to me, they are a company with no integrity or honesty.
    this is just one call>>>

for the last few months i was going to keep my cingular phone just as an emergency phone to have while im down here in AR
    i call the place once again to get my 80.00 a month plan lowered to as low as possible since it wont be my primary phone. so the guy puts me on hold for like 15 min and comes back saying well for me to get a lesser plan ill need to get a different phone because the technology has changed.
    thats odd, my phone is not that old, i knew they wouldnt let me have the nationwide service but i guess if i wanted to do this i need a new plan.

so i ask him, does this mean i need to sign up for another contract?
    he was reluctant to answer and tried shuffling the subject matter into the new services ill get with this new contract and why its better to be in a contract with them.

i said well i guess you can just shut this phone off then, i am cancelling my service.
    that felt really good to say.
    so i get the final bill, i have to call on it, after another 25 min of on hold talking to 2 people who lie as fast as they talk, i was overcharged 77.00 on it.
    imagine that.
    i will never use Cingular nor will my childrens children.
    Yes, but any time you talk to the people who are national customer service at any of the cell companies they will stick it to you. I don't care which one. They are all awful. I had similar experiences with Sprint when I was with them about 2 years ago. Horrible national customer service, but when I went in to the local store, they were great. I think you would have much the same experience with any other carrier.

I'd have to agre that they are all crap. I have verizon and it's steadily gotten worse over the past year. If you drive 30 miles out of the Twin Cities the only way you can "hear someone now" is if you want to pay roaming.

Try Sprint.

They use thier OWN network and are usually pretty good. One in a while I get a crappy phone from Sprint but most of them work pretty well... I reccomend the Sanyo phones first and then the Samsung ones second.
    sig deleted by muddocktor-take it up with the Admins