• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2.6C OC opinions...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

phaeton

I'm trying to get max juice from my 2.6C, I've got it at 3.185ghz, with my ram at 5:4 ddr400, 2.5-4-4-8 timings, fsb is 245x13.

It's stable at 1.6v vcore, and I think my ram is 1.75vdimm. I seem to have hit a wall, its stable here, but shouldn't I be able to go just a weeee bit higher?

My main question is how high can I take the vcore? I'm on water with about 42oC load....

Thanks in advance!

I had my [email protected] at 1.67V 24/7 all on air....When i 3Dbench i bump the vcore all the way up to 1.77Vcore coz the board undervolted so much without the "Droop Mod" and locks/crashes my system when the Vcore droop below 1.61V.

What mobo are you using btw? I would have to say 1.7V max 24/7 if you're watercooled and also your vcore is stable at those voltages......

BL
Vflux

Im glad to see a thread on the 2.6c, I have mine overclocked about 3.5 stable (Primed it for 11 1/2 hours) and I hit the wall at about 3.55. Dont push the vcore over 1.7 to be safe. Im at 1.6v to overclocked to 3.5ghz. I would just set it to 1.6 or your 2.6 might get a bit toasty! You can get a better overclock if you get better cooling. I know watercooling is supposed to be the ****nac, but, I can achieve 3.5 on air. Zalman 7000CU with Vantec Tornado, 12 more fans after that :). I say you upgrade something on your water cooling system to get lower temps. 42 Idle is a little toasty, mine stays around 26 - 28C idle with fan speeds on min. Anyways, I know you can push that 2.6 higher, btw, what kind of mobo do you have? It could be a real quick fix with flashing new bios and stuff.

xTrEmEoVrClOcKr said:
Anyways, I know you can push that 2.6 higher, btw, what kind of mobo do you have? It could be a real quick fix with flashing new bios and stuff.

your 2.6c is a superacheiver. LOTs and LOTs and LOTS more of those 2.6's hit a wall at 3.25. for a while, they were by far the least desireable northwood out there. only lately have i heard of ANYONE breaking 3.4 with one, and even then, i bet for every 2.6c above 3.3, there are 50 that hit the 3.25 wall.

i'd say he's maxed it, or very close to.

IMO xtremeoverclocker and nebulous has one of the greatest 2.6C's out there. Theirs are able to get cranked at near default voltage, and my system is struggling at 3.4Ghz without the droop mod at 1.77V....btw nebulous just traded his 2.6C to his friend and now a proud owner of 3.0E....

3.25Ghz seems to be a wall with most 2.6C........

My 2.6 used to do 3536mhz=[email protected] But is has seemed to slowly degrade over time. That was well over a year ago, its now @255fsb, 1.5750vcore. There is now way it would even boot at 260+ fsb now. I rolled the dice and tried to get a good 3.0, but cam up snake eyes, went back to the 2.6 and sold the 3.0 I may try another 3.0 in the not so distant future.

ocicide said:
My 2.6 used to do 3536mhz=[email protected] But is has seemed to slowly degrade over time. That was well over a year ago, its now @255fsb, 1.5750vcore. There is now way it would even boot at 260+ fsb now. I rolled the dice and tried to get a good 3.0, but cam up snake eyes, went back to the 2.6 and sold the 3.0 I may try another 3.0 in the not so distant future.

I dont think your chip degraded though, theres no way! hehehe.... :D Either your board got burned in, or the tim between IHS and the core got burned in as well. Coz when i removed the IHS on my CPU the tim that was in there was so dry...If you probably remove the IHS and replace the tim with AS5 then your chip would likely to clock the same way you clocked it before. Just my .02 cents...

Vflux

I really wish you were right V, I have had the chip in and out so many times that TIM is not the case ( i had a 3.0 for while too) and i have even improved cooling (went from Zalman 7000cu to a SP-94) Temps arent an issue (idle 40-42c load 49-52c)

She just wont do what she used to.

ocicide said:
I really wish you were right V, I have had the chip in and out so many times that TIM is not the case ( i had a 3.0 for while too) and i have even improved cooling (went from Zalman 7000cu to a SP-94) Temps arent an issue (idle 40-42c load 49-52c)

She just wont do what she used to.

Dont worry ocicide we both have a 2.6C thats stable at 3.3Ghz for 24/7 of usage.... :beer: :beer:

Thanks for all the great replies... my temp's arent that high when you think about ambient... It's about 35oC :/ And it was 42oC load... so only 7oC above ambient at load :) Idle is running about 37-38. I'm gonna be movin the box into a larger room without 4 other computers heating up the air so then I will have much better temps...

I'm runnin a MSI i865PE Neo2 FIS2R board, I bought it right when it came out since it was cheap but got nice awards :) I'm thinking there is a wall at 3.25 on this cpu, since anything higher and I can only sometimes POST even on 3.3 :/

Well, I don't mind too much if I can't hit higher than 3.2/3.1, I hope to upgrade after the new year anyways.

Your temps sound pretty good and not to beat the dead horse here but the 2.6c seems to usually top out around 3.2-3.3 such was my luck.

Yup these 2.6C tops out max at 3.3Ghz bootable through windows, and weirdest part is they run so cool!!!!

Cool It and Crank It!
Vflux

Oh well, at least I'm satisfied that I'm not missin out on any performance :D

Maybe I'll get a Athlon 64 in a year or so :D

Back