• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Albatron 6800 Ultra

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pantner

Ok.....anyone here have one????

im thinking of upgrading to one, anything i should know about them (i've been told Albatron make good overclocking cards, but i've never had one!!!), but the 3 year warrenty can't hurt!!!

Also...will geting one of the Artic Cooling VGA Silencers (NV3 i think, not too sure....the one for the 6800 GT/U) make much of a difference from the stock cooler?????

well if you change your alabatron card to use the new cooler, kiss the 3 year warranty good by. The card seems to use the stock cooler design, so I think it'll be a good card. As for overclocking I have no clue how well it'll do. Goign on AC's reputation I would hope that their coolers are better than stock

ok......anybody have an opinion of the Albatron 6800u and not the cooler :p

Ok, i've just found a Sparkle for a little bit more (but its easier for me to get) and apparenlty its a Platinum Version....

Sparkle 6800u

Its bundled with some nice stuff (SCART Converter!) and its tells me all the info about clock speeds etc, the Albatron site didn't (i know they're supposed to be the same)

Wats this one like???
Wat makes a platinum different to a normal 6800u??

pantner said:
Ok, i've just found a Sparkle for a little bit more (but its easier for me to get) and apparenlty its a Platinum Version....

Sparkle 6800u

Its bundled with some nice stuff (SCART Converter!) and its tells me all the info about clock speeds etc, the Albatron site didn't (i know they're supposed to be the same)

Wats this one like???
Wat makes a platinum different to a normal 6800u??

The Albatron you can overclock well I saw with some... Sparkle is just a reference card so it could be that it does a bit less here...

I would go for the Albatron 6800 Ultra and if you want I can mod the BIOS afterwards for you to get the best out of it as I already am doing for other brands :)

yeah, im more and more leaning towards to albatron....

wat do you mean by getting the best out of it...as in tweaking the BIOS or just setting the "stock speeds" of the BIOS higher......or both???

plus the albatron a marginally cheaper then the sparkle...

pantner said:
yeah, im more and more leaning towards to albatron....

wat do you mean by getting the best out of it...as in tweaking the BIOS or just setting the "stock speeds" of the BIOS higher......or both???

plus the albatron a marginally cheaper then the sparkle...

Has to do with the Voltage table on the nVidia BIOS + Mem/Core speeds and Latency corrections :)

albatron all the way

yea get the albatron, you won't be dissapointed.
although imo/ paying the extra for an ultra when the gt is so close in peformance is not the best choice. best bang for the buck is the gt.

i modded my bios with mavke's editor, [sig] increased my oc, but i still got the stock sink on. gonna replace it if i ever get around to it :rolleyes:

max stable oc so far is 440/1220.

hey mavke did your site get pulled or what?
edit/ nevermind got to the new site via your link in the bios flashing thread.
weird that was the only one that worked, even tried typing it in :-/

Last edited:
Not to hijack the thread but what are you using to edit the bios? I assume your saving your stock bios then modifing it and reflashing? Any information you can point me too. Would like to try this on the Gainward I picked up.

Thanks.

i used omniextremeedit

USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK!

be careful some people have killed their card by using other people's bios. i recommend backing up your own then modding it.
but first find out what the card is capable of oc wise.
and make sure you have decent temp's.

Last edited:
yes, albatron clearly takes pride in there cards! very good componants and great over clockers! i used to be a leadtek man all the way. i bout my first albatron fx 5700 ultra with ddr2 and was amazed at the over clocking potential strate out of the box i liked it so mutch that i baught another when the gddr3 came out on the cards (max clocks with volt modds-in signature below). im getting albatrons 6800gt version with the blue pcb! delivery date is fri. its not the ultra version but ill post back and let you know what kind of overclock im getting. should give you a pretty good idea. the ultras tend to overclock the best but my gt should give you a close idea!

copernicus said:
i used omniextremeedit

USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK!

be careful some people have killed their card by using other people's bios. i recommend backing up your own then modding it.
but first find out what the card is capable of oc wise.
and make sure you have decent temp's.

Btw copernicus, what do you think of the new site?

xTrEmEoVrClOcKr said:
Why dont you just get a GT? Lmao, you will save 100 bucks for an awsome cooler with some possible case fans? That is my 2 cents.

Maybe because the Albatron 6800 Ultra can get to Ultra Extreme speeds... and the GT version can't...

yeah, the ultra has 1.6 (or 1.8) ns RAM and the GT has 2.0ns (i think those are correct...i know the ultra has faster RAM then the GT, even though they are both GDDR3!)

and i had a look at the NV Artic cooling fans...and the Artic Cooling one wasn't THAT much better the the stock 6800u cooling...compared to some of the others!

Back