• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Found BFG 6800OC...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PCGUY112887

I know that some of you (including myself) were having a hard time finding somewhere to buy a BFG 6800OC... well looks like Best Buy and their site is now carrying them!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...=product&cmp=KAC-071603INCEPTOR&ref=06&loc=01

Hope to go to the store tomorrow and pick one up... in the picture it shows it with the old style heatsink so that's why I want to go to the store to make sure I get one with the copper :)

O and can anyone tell me if the BFG 6800OC really does come with FarCry like their site says?
http://www.bfgtech.com/6800OC.html

When I see it for sale online it doesn't say crap about it...

I just got my BFG from ComputerHQ and it didn't come with any full game(s). Just card, adapters, drivers disk, 3 game demos.... Painkiller, Silent Storm, and some FPS Tom Clancy thing :(

I really don't care about that stuff anymore. I just sold my 9800XT and still don't have HF2, nothing worse than that.

I would prefer buying cards without all the 'stuff', even without a gpu cooler so I can add it myself.

The 6800 (non-ultra/GT) OC is usually always in stock at BB. It's been a while now, however, since I've seen the GT or Ultra in stock there. Unless you're set on the BFG, the eVGA 6800 is going right now for $270 on Pricewatch at several locations. eVGA bundled Far Cry with all of their 6800 Series cards, but I believe that deal ends September 1. The eVGA cards have been overclocking quite well, I see no reason why you wouldn't be able to get the eVGA to the speeds of the 6800 OC. Also, if you get the BFG, you may have a hard time finding a copper heatsink. Word is that those units were solely for a special Doom 3 run, and they have now gone back to the reference style. Besides, they didn't cool as well! I got my Ultra about a week ago and it had the reference heatsink. I'm not the least bit disappointed about it keeping my card below 60C. Anyway, hope this helps... here's the eVGA for your perusal:

$270 at Xtremegear

$278 at ZipZoomFly (with free 2nd day shipping, too)

Good lucK!

Odie :)

Last edited:
Found BFG 6800 OC

I can confirm, when I bought mine at BB it came with 5 disk set w/cd key
snakeman

Just bought it... all of the BFG 6800's have the copper heatsink... if you find one that isn't is one of the first ones made. The NU started shipping the 15th and all BFG 6800OC NU's have the copper heatsink.

It also came with Farcry, and all of the game demos, adapters, etc etc.
I didn't get eVGA because I want the warrenty and tech support from BFG, and I don't want to put up with the eVGA 4xAA bugs...

bro... post ur benchmark :p

anyway... is there any post about score for 6800nu?

im having problem tweaking mine... lol

i read around here tat the 6800 NU isnt really worth the money and it's not what you will expect to be. Is this true???? plz correct me

The BFG's copper cooler does tend to let the card heat up more than the reference cooler; mine hit 72c under 3dmark03.

However, I slapped an Arctic Cooling NV5 cooler on it and now it never breaks 64c under 3dmark03 - and that's with an o/c of 390/850. :)

3dmark03 score is around 9890. I'm just waiting for the new version of RT to be released so I can try my hand at unlocking the other 4 pixel pipes. *crossing fingers*

Ok here is what I got...
Ran through 3D mark (left everything default guessing that's how everyone runs it) and watched on my second monitor for temps....
Max I hit was 69*C and it only happened once for a split second.
And I got 8568 on 3Dmark03

And my computer right now is running at stock 2ghz, and the 6800 is stock, AND I was watching the temp fux around on my second monitor, so I think I will pass 10k :)

EDIT - Opened rivatuner and I can't overclock it? Can't check the box or move the sliders?

Last edited:
PCGUY112887 said:
Ok here is what I got...
Ran through 3D mark (left everything default guessing that's how everyone runs it) and watched on my second monitor for temps....
Max I hit was 69*C and it only happened once for a split second.
And I got 8568 on 3Dmark03

And my computer right now is running at stock 2ghz, and the 6800 is stock, AND I was watching the temp fux around on my second monitor, so I think I will pass 10k :)

EDIT - Opened rivatuner and I can't overclock it? Can't check the box or move the sliders?
Try clicking the button next to "Customize..." under Driver Settings. It should be under the 1st tab, "Main". A row of 5 or so icons will appear. Click the 1st one to adjust core & memory speed. Tweak the clock speed for the core & memory separately, test, and save. I wouldn't recommend pushing it too hard with that stock cooler, though.

spclwpns said:
I just got my BFG from ComputerHQ and it didn't come with any full game(s). Just card, adapters, drivers disk, 3 game demos.... Painkiller, Silent Storm, and some FPS Tom Clancy thing :(

I really don't care about that stuff anymore. I just sold my 9800XT and still don't have HF2, nothing worse than that.

I would prefer buying cards without all the 'stuff', even without a gpu cooler so I can add it myself.

I can totally agree with you. Some of that Themal Glue they use is a real ***** to get of, repetitive freezing and trying to slowly pry it off. I prefer my home made heatsink and fans anyway.

Ah guess this version of RivaTuner doesn't support overclocking 6800's at the hardware level yet?

Also what about seperate 2D/3D clocks? Should I leave 2D clocks stock, then up both of the 3D clocks? Hehe... never had so many options with my GeForce 3 :p

Also does anyone know if this thing has some sort of thermal throdeling? Not as in it gets too hot it kicks down the card... but like fan speed wise. When I turn on my computer, is it a bit loud, then as soon as I get into windows it kicks down to quiet.

Then I go and hit mother nature in 3dmark and temp spikes of around 69 start happening and it gets louder again... cool it back off and it gets quiet again.

Is 69*C load bad for stock? I see other people having like 54*C load... when mine is that idle. But obviouselly these are made to take hell-a heat.... it won't even sound a warning till 135*C.

Last edited:
Back