• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OEM - x800pro or XT?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Valk

There is a reseller in vancouver that has stock in oem x800 cards. i assume they sell them in complete systems or to other stores in the city that do. anyway, they have two models to choose from at really good prices, prices that are falling by the week.
I cant really afford it now, but i thought i would put this on the table now to get a good idea of what i should look for as the market matures a little.
My last card was a Sapphire 9800 Atlantis, which dispite some rather poor reviews, had samsung memory, and acheived a max overclock of 446/380. this is not bad at all for a NP that wasnt even flashed.

so i am inclined to trust sapphire again, and pick up one of these.

http://www.atic.ca/index.php?page=LongDesc&sku=06642

The price is pretty interesting. $680 for a real XT. sure its not XTPE but i dont think the extra clocks is worth like $200. Do people have these? just wondering if i can expect a decent bit of fun with this card.
the other option is the x800pro oem, which is selling for $530. not sure if i want to get a pro, but by the time i buy, they might very well be in the $450-$500 range. which im hoping the xt oem will be like. $620 or maybe... hold my breath, $599.

Its going into an athlon xp-m 2500+ on DFI Infinity NF2. it will have 2x512 mb ballistix pc 3200 ddr. makes me think the pro would be a perfect fit, since there will not be another agp set i can get next year. so thats part of my thing too. i dont want to get something too overpowered and expensive that this system wont use.

of course, i was very happy with my 9800. i might just say phuc the x800 and get that again. cheap and works well. but you people have had them for a bit now. probably on equivilant systems to what im building. so is it worth it?

Look around for an X800 VIVO Pro.

With the ability to be modded to an XT-PE, it's a good deal for us braver folk.

:)

Good luck with the decision.

im a little concerned about the whole modding pipes thing because usually, if pupes or somthing is dissabled, they are fuggered. i really dont think ati would chose to dissable the pipes of x800 pros that have perfectly good pipes when they have such a slow shipping rate on the xt's im sure it would artifact somthing fierde o_O.

Back