• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD64 combo, problems getting RMA

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheNewGuy143

Hi, I participated in this program to get the amd 64 combo. I received it and plugged everything right away. I never get any image. So theres obviously something not working(I can not really point out if its the cpu or mobo). Anyways, I tried calling their technical support so I could get a rma, but everytime I call i get a woman(computer) saying The number you are trying to call can not be reach from your area. So I tried with my cell phone which doesnt have the same region code, still the same message. Ive tried emailing them about it and they sent me another number that doesnt work either. Ive tried to email them after that because it is not working and they wont answer me. What can i do? I want a new one so i can get it to work. BTW i have tried everything, I tried and started the computer with only what it needs to start and i get nothing. Every other parts has been tried on another computer, so it is the mobo or cpu for sure.

Bump, any help greatly apreciated. Any1 could call them to ask if theres another number. I payed 190$ for a non-working machine. So id like if any AMERICAN member could help me out with this so I get get a working mobo. I asked a guy in bc and it would not work either.
TheNewGuy

A couple things that might help you get some help on this...

First of all, you say you participated in "this" deal for a mobo combo, however I don't see any links to whatever "this" deal is, so I for sure have no idea what the deal is that you are talking about. I am betting that most others probably don't know either. If you could tell us what deal it is then maybe we can help.

Second, you say that you try to call "them" and email "them" but then you don't give us any numbers or who "them" is. Combined with the no link to what the deal was in the first place, and this makes it near impossible for anyone to try to get you any help.

Try posting what deal it is, what gear we are talking about, and where you bought it from. Also, maybe try going into the motherboards forums to see if you can get some help maybe figuring out for sure if there is an actual problem. Sometimes the smallest mistake when installing can make a board look bad, but I am sure you know that already hehe. Give us some info and I am sure someone will be able to try to help. Good luck.

I know this deal, it was the AMD market Builder Deal, this was a HUGE thread in the Cyber deals Area!!
But still yes a number would help
BTW there is no link to the deal, it is over.

Aktunka said:
A couple things that might help you get some help on this...

First of all, you say you participated in "this" deal for a mobo combo, however I don't see any links to whatever "this" deal is, so I for sure have no idea what the deal is that you are talking about. I am betting that most others probably don't know either. If you could tell us what deal it is then maybe we can help.

Second, you say that you try to call "them" and email "them" but then you don't give us any numbers or who "them" is. Combined with the no link to what the deal was in the first place, and this makes it near impossible for anyone to try to get you any help.

Try posting what deal it is, what gear we are talking about, and where you bought it from. Also, maybe try going into the motherboards forums to see if you can get some help maybe figuring out for sure if there is an actual problem. Sometimes the smallest mistake when installing can make a board look bad, but I am sure you know that already hehe. Give us some info and I am sure someone will be able to try to help. Good luck.

actually i bet 90% of the people know about this deal...

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=316791

the thread ONLY has 25 pages worth of replyes.

Drec said:
actually i bet 90% of the people know about this deal...

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=316791

the thread ONLY has 25 pages worth of replyes.

Yeah, I know about that particular deal as well. However, based on the info the original poster first put up, there is no indication that is the deal he is talking about except for assumption, and we all know what they say about assuming things hehe. I mean the local Fry's store just had an AMD 64 Combo deal recently as well. Yes, chances are he is talking about the one with all the responses in the cyber deals section, but I think it might be in his own best interest, especially since he is asking some others to help call for him, to post a few more details and confirm exactly what he is talking about. Trust me, it really sucks to be on tech support with a company about something that you think came from them, and then halfway through the call find out that it actually came from someone else lol.
:)

For Canada Call 937-615-1712

OR go to:

www.supportforyourpc.com go to the e.p.p. link http://tools.supportforyourpc.com/AMDSupt.asp

In the future when people like Aktunka ask you specifics and they are trying to help you, take a minute and help them help you. I asked you similiar questions via PM and you didnt seem to want to take the time to help me help you then either. Posting replies like this are ridiculous:
TheNewGuy143 said:
Heres the number : 1-888-727-4968. Sorry no time to tell anything i g2g.

Your fortunate I picked up the phone and asked around. The number and link are the yellow brick road to the answers you seek. Next time try taking the time out of your busy schedule to make a reply with a little meat in it, after all were taking the time to help you. Hell I'm in the middle of a hurricane :cry:

MLB.n0z_an.gif

Sorry guys I know I wasnt very helpful on that one :( Yeah SSS i went on their website but they did not give me any answers. Hope that hurricane doesnt do too much damge in your area.
TheNewGuy

TheNewGuy143 said:
Sorry guys I know I wasnt very helpful on that one :( Yeah SSS i went on their website but they did not give me any answers. Hope that hurricane doesnt do too much damge in your area.
TheNewGuy

I happen to know that that website would rectify your problem. You need to take the 5 minutes and fill out that online form with your name, order number etc etc. Then they will contact you with how to RMA it.

If you can't fill out that simple form, then you have no business starting threads like this.

Back