• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Are console platforms taking over PCs thunder?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Game mods and technical superiority will keep PC gaming alive for a long time. At least till HDTV becomes standard and we get hi-res consoles and the ability to import user-made content (you'd still have to make mods on the computer).

Yeah, PC gaming still has a very bright future. Console games may be stealing a bit of their thunder but they still have a way to go.

last console I owned was a 3DO.....hehe they will never get my money again the vulturing thieves....consoles suck.

theELVISCERATOR said:
last console I owned was a 3DO.....hehe they will never get my money again the vulturing thieves....consoles suck.

Oh boy, that was a flop. Man, I saw all those infomercials and thought 3DO was the ****. So I drag mom out to Sears and she drops $300 or was it $400 on it. We took it home with the Smithsonian CD and I realized it sucked nutz.

We took it back the next day and got a Packard Bell 486SX25 w/ CD-ROM (1x). Man I should have gotten the DX and the math co-processor. Windows (the original) with its MIND BLOWING multi-media capabilities. 4 mb of Ram and I think the HD was 80 mb... or was it 200 mb?

Yeah, 3DO was sweet;)

ps how the heck did 3DO manage to get a few Zelda games on it? I wouldn't think Nintendo would go for something like that.

Consoles are great, but i rarely play them with a new card in my box :D.

I think that it'd be wrong to say that it's "over for PC's". Consoles cost a good deal more than a PC to play. Why do i say this? Because with 1 PC i can play all the games on the PC market, which is thousands. AAA+, and some FFF--- games, but it's a ton of games. With consoles, there are 3 brands fighting it out, and to play all the games consoles offer, you'll need all three, for a launch price of over $1,000. Enough to buy my computer and then some.

Back