• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

sata overclocking questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MSbMeaner

Registered
When I oc my new msi neo 2 platinum I can only get 225 on the fsb cause the sata always corrupts at that point. If I put a pci sata card will this solve the problem and help me get higher fsb speeds since my pci is locked?? :eh?: :bang head oh yeah I hope this is the right forum for this question.

My Abit IS7 corrupts at anytype of OC, if I want to OC I cannot have SATA at all... :(

I just switched my Sata to IDE Master 3-4 and put in a Barracuda as my IDE Master 1-2, i haven't tested it yet to see if the Sata still disappears when I OC.

Last edited:
I tried a sata card in the pci slot and it worked! I also disabled the sata controllers on the board and was able to increas fsb to 960mghz with a multiplier of 11 it is now running at 2.64 ghz So if your havin troubles gettin the fsb up try a sata card and see if it doesn't help! :D

Ok I locked my memory at 1:1 and my PCI at 4:1 and then 5:1, my Sata drive was there but my OC was limited to 2.8GHz when I have had it to 3.9GHz as in my Sig :(

Back