• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking an oldie but a good PNY Ti4400

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Capt Fiero

Ok so this is an old school card, but I still find it to be a terrific card for playing Need For Speed Undground and UT2K4 being a tinker'er I have did some minor overclocking with the card ramped it up to 300/650 and pulled off 15,105 on 3dmark 2001 with it.

I am going to put ram sinks on it, (seperate thread on how to attach them)

But I am curious about the stock heat sink fan on this card. As far as I know I have the card running at Ti4600 specs. Is the Ti4400 heatsink enough for it. Should I look into a diffrent fan and heat sink for it. What should I be checking for to see if this is going to be a good OC'ing card. This is the card that was repaired for me and I just recently but it back into active duty.

If you look close at the pics below you can see a faint line on the back of the card where the screwdrive had killed the card. A buddy of mine soldered it and repaired a broken piece on the card.

Any tips or hints on what and how I should get the most from this card will be greatly apprciated (sp) I am pretty sure the ram sinks are going to help it a bit, but any other suggestions are welcome, especially software tweaks, like bios or other utilites. I am using cool bits to get it to where it is now.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Back