• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Northwood to have a long life span?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OC-Master

Motherboard manufacturers such as ASUS and ABIT are already hyped about the new pentium4 core being released October. All Pentium4 Northwood certified motherboards will be garuanteed to support 2GHz~4GHz Northwood processors. Thats means Intel fans will be garuranteed 4GHz with the Northwood core.

thats 4000MHz people. :D

On paper that looks very promising however given the fact they just demoed a 3.5ghz northwood today.. how long do you think it would be before they released a 4ghz p4 northwood and the board was at its max?

Interesting though, the sudden jump in p4 speed.. 2 days ago they just released the 2ghz p4.. and yes I relize that was a willy :)

-Trek

*edit* got ahead of myself :p *edit*

Last edited:
WTF?!

What are you talking about ? WHere did you see a Northwood being released today at 3.5ghz? THe didn't release them to the public man, what are you talking about?!@$%$#$@!#%#$@ AHhahgfhahhsf hagh ahs:mad:

i dont understand what your saying....intel showed a demonstration of what the northwood can do, but you can't get them.......or can you?

i think what he meant was that intel has gotten to 3.5.....it probly wont be available for a couple months to a year...

that was a demonstration....with SUPER cooling the core can probly get 4ghz...but i think after 3ghz there goign to need a shrink in the manufacturing to .10 mircon becuase who is going to buy a 3.5ghz cpu if it has to be used with super cooling...intel isnt going to make that there stock hsf (a water cooling )..... 3.5ghz will not be out till 4q 2002 or 1q 2003 they dont wana push 1.5ghz more out in less then 1 yr i think the cpus mhz is moving way way too fast...i rember pentium 60~233 took 3.5years and allready we moved from 1ghz to 2ghz in 1 1/3years too much....the slower they release the cpus the more time we overclockers have speeding cpus faster then the fastest aviable in the storesi got 1ghz tbird at 1.43ghz i am allready 0.03ghz faster then the fastest tbird aviable...do u guys get my drift here?

Do you think the Northwood will perform caomparable to an AMD chip that is rated to the same speed, or will it be much slower... like the current p4.

hmmm

From what I've heard the 2.2ghz NOrthwood is gonna rock....not sure why I have to research it more. But i have a feeling it will still loose to a Athlon 1.7ghz

I would have to say that my best guess at this point is that on a Mhz - Mhz basis AMD will be faster, but I don't think that will take away from teh fact that in one, count em' one, year we will be running almost four Ghz proc. It makes me feel all funny inside just thinking about it.

Back