• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for Gainward 6800 GT Golden Sample BIOS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JeffP

Any with a Golden Sample GT have the latest BIOS I can get from them? I want to try that version on my non GS version and see if it works.

gixxer420 said:
Sorry JeffP but my card will not be here today will be monday

Thats cool with the hurricane coming I woln't get much time to play until next week sometime. Shoot it to me via email if you get a chance [email protected].

Thanks.

I went ahead and ordered it too from the link you provided. I sure hope this is a real Golden Sample. That pos BFG I had was a real under performer, barely running above 400 and not even close to 1100 on the mem, these GS's are suppose to do 1100 on the memory and 400 on gpu min, right?

Actually while its alittle more than what I wanted to spend its still less than the BFG was at WorstBuy when you add the tax!

Hard to believe that a Video Card cost $100 more than a new Dell Server I bought earlier this week LOL.

Dell SC400
P4 2.8 Northie
512MB
40Gig
CD-rom
Keyboard/Mouse
No OS( My copy of Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition)
=$321 after rebate tax included

gixxer420 said:
Sorry JeffP but my card will not be here today will be monday

Sniper.nkc said:
My 6800 GT Gainward GS will be in tomorrow. I ordered thru Newegg. PM me so we can hook up on bios.

gixer: I sent you a PM.

Sniper: I'll shoot you a PM as well.

gixxer420 said:
check yo mail jeffp

gixer420: Thanks for the BIOS.

For the record if anyone is considering this there was no improvment in performance what so ever. While it did enable the Enhanced setting in the expert tool the OC amount nor the benchmarks show any improvment. Kind of disapointed as I hoped to see something beneficial from the GS BIOS. Looks like it's just better hardware with no other change.

What was interesting was uping the voltage to 1.5v showed a Coolbits optimal dectect of 437/1.17. Extremely high but had some stability issues in 3dmark03. Running at 1.4v detects 417/1.13. Not shabby but nothing great.

Jeff

Back