• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finally got my leadtek 6800 GT

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

secretweapon

Finally got my Leadtek 6800 GT today from bigfoot. After trying almost all of the Canadian retailers for an 6800 ultra at outrageous price and being told they're all on back order I settled on this. Sure enough, both x800xts, and 6800ultras are now in stock after I get my card. :rolleyes:

This is the heaviest and thickest of the cards I have ever seen, including my 9800 pro with silencer. In fact I barely got it out of it's plastic wrap :eek: Gonna benchmark it after I finish my droop mod this week :)

Here's my mini review. The card is massive, very heavy and thick, dwarfing even the arctic silencers for the ATI 9800's. Although the silencers are a bit longer.

Used driver cleaner before installing forceware 65.77 and rivatuner. I highly recommend these drivers as the driver it comes with is quite old. Got 11278 in 3dmark 03 @ stock (350/1100) and 12365 @ 400/1100. There was no appreciatable difference in temperature at the OC'd speeds in either load or idle. It definitely met my expectations and I will update this review with newer OC+ benchmarks once I finish droopmodding my MB, and put some AS5 on the heatsink. :sn:

Pros:
- Very Noticable difference in performance from a 9800 pro 128mb @ 445/371 speeds. I saw over 1500fps in game 1 test on 3dmark03 :santa:
- Good temps, about 48C idle with 35C ambient.
- The custom heatsink :drool:
- Good OC potential, I'm sure it can go higher than 400/1100 as the card was not breaking a sweat at that speed.
- Good game/software bundle.

Cons:
- Included cables were cheap, half the length of ATI cables and not even close in thickness.
- Heatsink will take another PCI slot and really requires you to scarifice an additiona PCI slot for air flow. It barely fits in the anti-static bag it came in so you wanna becareful when you bring the card out as to not break anything.
- The price, Canada customs need to stop charging us so much for our computer equipment when compared to the US :bang head

Last edited:
I was in the same boat. I am canadian and had one on order from NCIX - long story short they screwed me over and when their orders came in I didn't get my card cause of a bug in their ordering system - someone who ordered after me got mine. i cancelled my order and found it somewhere else for cheaper and got it yesterday.

I agree with everything you say. The heatsink is huge hahaha.

first thing i did was clock it to 400/1100 after running some bench marks. Runs flawlessly at that speed. bechmarked and stress tested (ie played doom for an hour hahaha)

Then went further - tried uppint the RAM - 1150 - no go. Looks like the RAM is pretty much maxed out at 1100 on mine.

The GPU is a different story. I went to 410 - 420 - 430 and everything seemed okay. But then i tried CS:source and it didn't like 430 (artifacts and garbage) so i backed it off to 425 and it is been running great since. No crashes - no artifacts. I will have to do a lot more stress testing (ie Doom III ha ha) to make sure.

So give it a try and see how far your GPU will go. All and All i am very impressed with the card.

secretweapon said:
Here's my mini review. The card is massive, very heavy and thick, dwarfing even the arctic silencers for the ATI 9800's. Although the silencers are a bit longer.

Used driver cleaner before installing forceware 65.77 and rivatuner. I highly recommend these drivers as the driver it comes with is quite old. Got 11278 in 3dmark 03 @ stock (350/1100) and 12365 @ 400/1100. There was no appreciatable difference in temperature at the OC'd speeds in either load or idle. It definitely met my expectations and I will update this review with newer OC+ benchmarks once I finish droopmodding my MB, and put some AS5 on the heatsink. :sn:

Pros:
- Very Noticable difference in performance from a 9800 pro 128mb @ 445/371 speeds. I saw over 1500fps in game 1 test on 3dmark03 :santa:
- Good temps, about 48C idle with 35C ambient.
- The custom heatsink :drool:
- Good OC potential, I'm sure it can go higher than 400/1100 as the card was not breaking a sweat at that speed.
- Good game/software bundle.

Cons:
- Included cables were cheap, half the length of ATI cables and not even close in thickness.
- Heatsink will take another PCI slot and really requires you to scarifice an additiona PCI slot for air flow. It barely fits in the anti-static bag it came in so you wanna becareful when you bring the card out as to not break anything.
- The price, Canada customs need to stop charging us so much for our computer equipment when compared to the US :bang head

im also upgrading from a 9800pro card just got intoday i got the xfx because of availability and im going to throw waterblock on it soon as i can find one for under 120$ :-/

hope to see similar results i know id love to see fps hitting that high as i have a tendency to loop tests.

Back