Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Windows Training needs to be notorized??

I guess no free mouse....

This is an email I just deleted:

From: "Windows Mobile Training Team" <support@windowsmobiletraining.com> Add to Address BookAdd to Address Book
    To: "Charmapsyche>
    Subject: Windows Mobile(TM) Training site registration
    Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 16:28:46 -0700

We have been experiencing some registration issues on the Windows Mobile™ Training site, so we are requesting your help to prevent misuse of the site’s resources.

To ensure that legitimate users of the site are being rewarded for their participation, we are asking users to verify that they are current employees of a company that sells Windows Mobile devices.

Please take one of the following actions to verify your current status:

1. Complete the attached affidavit form, have the document notarized, and then return it to us at:

Microsoft Windows Mobile Training Program
    P.O. Box 40068
    Portland, OR 97240 USA

2. Send a pay stub in your name from one of these vendors:

Amazon.com, AT&T Wireless, Barnes & Noble.com, Best Buy, Buy.com, CDW Computer Centers, Circuit City, CompUSA, Costco Wholesale Inc., D&H Distributing, Datavision, Dell, Fry's Electronics, Gamestop/Software Etc, Ingram Micro Corp., Insight Direct, J&R Computers, Kmart, LetsTalk.com, Microcenter, MicroWarehouse, MobilePlanet, Motorola, Nebraska Furniture Mart, Office Depot, Office Max, PC Connection, PC Mall, PC Richards & Sons, Radio Shack, RCS, Sears, Shop Toshiba, Shopping.com, Shopping4Sure.com, Smart, Software and More, Software City East, Software Etc, Solutions4Sure.com, Sprint, Staples, Target, Tech Data Corp, TechData, The Wiz, TigerDirect, T-Mobile, Ultimate Electronics, Verizon Wireless, Virgin Megastore, Wal-Mart, Zones

Send the pay stub to us at:

Microsoft Windows Mobile Training Program
    P.O. Box 40068
    Portland, OR 97240 USA

3. Have your employer send an e-mail verifying your employment with one of these vendors:

AT&T Wireless
    Best Buy
    Circuit City
    CompUSA
    Office Depot
    Staples

Send the e-mail to: verification@windowsmobiletraining.com

Your employer’s message must come from an e-mail account with the company name in the domain.

Please take action within the next 30 days if you wish to remain eligible for current or future rewards.

See you online,
    The Windows Mobile Training Team

HTML Attachment [ Scan and Download | Scan and Save to my Yahoo! Briefcase ]

September 1, 2004

Please sign and return this affidavit within 30 (thirty) days.

I, XXXXX, being duly sworn, say:

My telephone number is xxxxx and I reside at xxxxxxxxxxx
    I am employed at XXXXXXXX.

I am submitting this affidavit to Microsoft® Windows MobileTM Training (WMT) with the understanding that it will be relied upon to determine whether I am entitled to receive the rewards for which I have redeemed my points in the Microsoft WMT Rewards Program.

I further represent that I am employed as a sales associate at a physical retail location that sells Windows Mobile devices. I further represent that I have perpetrated no fraud or deception in participating in the Microsoft WMT Rewards Program or in claiming my prize.

I warrant and represent that I am not an employee of Microsoft, its affiliates, subsidiaries, dealers, franchisees, distributors, advertising and sales promotion agencies, printing company or judging organization, nor am I connected with them in any way.

I agree to return to Microsoft any reward that may be awarded to me if any statement made by me in this affidavit is false.

I acknowledge and agree that I am responsible for any taxes that may become due because of rewards received.

I attest that I have read and understand all the foregoing provisions of this affidavit and agree to be bound by all of them.

COUNTRY OF_______________________

STATE OF_________________________
    COUNTY OF___________________________

Sworn to before me this ________ day of _______________, 20__.

My commission expires on____________________

Last edited by charmapsyche; 09-02-04 at 08:01 PM.

Yep i just got that one too.

lol shouldnt mess with microsoft

Darn it specifically says you must work for a retailer that sells MS mobile stuff... I listed my employment under my review website cuz I'm am unenployed student.
    i7 920 @ 4.2Ghz
    Asus Rampage II GENE
    2x BFG GTX285
    6GB Crucial Dominator 1600
    Crucial 750TX

Help find cures for cancer by running Folding @ Home.

HEATWARE

You might want to get rid of the phone number and address in email. Heh...
    P4 1.8A @ 2.53 at stock voltage (1.5V)
    Generic Samsung 512mb PC2700 2-2-2-5 @ stock Voltage (2.5V)
    Albatron GeforceFX 5600 Ultra @ stock (Haven't had a need to overclock this yet. :p )
    Abit BD7II-R
    H20: MCP600->BIX->Dtek WW->Bay res
    Torin and Evercool on BIX (7V each)
    Dell 5.1 5650 100watt
    Custom Case Makeover in progress... :attn:

Look, they made a mistake on mine.
    I am employed at Other Retail MCP Unlimited - Newark, xxx xxxxx Lane, Newark, Ontario 19711 302-xxx-xxxx.
    How do they get the state I am living in is Ontario? I had to have been signed up as in US before or else I couldn't have done the training.
    I DRIVE A HYUNDAI AND I'M PROUD OF IT!

i never got the friggin e-mail...

And i work for sears!!!!!! how will they know whether you get a moust Windows Xp Etc?
    Intel Q6700
    4gb Corsair
    500gb Sata
    Dvd-/+rw
    BFG 7800GTx
    Truepower 430
    Antec P160

Ham's Heatware

what is this windows training all about?
    is it free?

and ya please explain

didn't get 1. odd... well i hope i don't. i want my mouse!

Quote Originally Posted by klath
    You might want to get rid of the phone number and address in email. Heh...
    Woops, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by dkitt10
    what is this windows training all about?
    is it free?

and ya please explain
    There's another thread here explaining all about it. You register and take courses for points to receive free incentives. Too bad it flopped.

what if you registered and ordered your freebies like 2 weeks ago?
    Asus p4pe--p4 1.8A--Corsair--PC3500--chieftec black Dragon--52x Velocd burner-- Sparkle 300w

Aspire black X-dreamer--MSI K8N master2-- dual opteron 242 --1gb DDR400 Corsair Ultra low latency Registered Ecc ram--2x160Gb hatachi raid zero--sony dvd-rw burner-- 4x Smart fan 2 maxtor 30gb 7200rpm--maxtor 120gb 7200rpm--Samsung Syncmaster 171v--ATI AIW X800XL--Onboard sound--Sony MDRXD400's --Vantec Nexus 3.5" controller -- Antex NeoHE 550w psu.

And the Pope said to the noob" GO AWAY NOOB!"

heatware=Nightingale Ebay=Xblade1987

ya but i think im qualified for this...can u link me to other thread please

10 Year Badge
    Glad I didnt waist my team on this, debated for a few weeks about it though... Hope atleast some of you get your freebies.
    GAMING RIG | Intel E8500 @ 4500mhz (474mhz x 9.5) | Scythe Yasya | Asus PB5 Deluxe | 4GB G.Skill PC2-8000 (5,5,5,15) | Asus GTX 280 | SB Audigy| OCZ Elite Stream 800W

BACKUP RIG | Dell Optiplex 755 | E8500 | 6GB Ram | Powercolor HD 5770 | SB Live | OCZ StealthStream 500W|

Quote Originally Posted by SniperXX
    Darn it specifically says you must work for a retailer that sells MS mobile stuff... I listed my employment under my review website cuz I'm am unenployed student.
    Same here man, I guess its no FS2004 and mouse for me.

uhmm.....i havent recieved this email. For the people who got the email, check your status in http://www.windowsmobiletraining.com once you sign in, click on your points, does it still show your ordered items?

i havnt gotten the mail yet so hopefully my freebies show up.

10 Year Badge
    Quote Originally Posted by 100mbHD
    uhmm.....i havent recieved this email. For the people who got the email, check your status in http://www.windowsmobiletraining.com once you sign in, click on your points, does it still show your ordered items?
    Yes.
    Got that Gibson Les Paul ('92 Studio), still listening to a lot of Led Zeppelin. =P

I'm so unhappy...errr well, at least I'm not suprised

I got the email but it still shows I oredered my stuff 7/13/04, doesnt say canceled or anything.
    i7 920 @ 4.2Ghz
    Asus Rampage II GENE
    2x BFG GTX285
    6GB Crucial Dominator 1600
    Crucial 750TX

Help find cures for cancer by running Folding @ Home.

HEATWARE

Quote Originally Posted by 100mbHD
    It shows my order and says it isn't cancled... does anyones say that it is cancled?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast