• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows Training needs to be notorized??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

charmapsyche

I guess no free mouse....

This is an email I just deleted:

From: "Windows Mobile Training Team" <[email protected]> Add to Address BookAdd to Address Book
To: "Charmapsyche>
Subject: Windows Mobile(TM) Training site registration
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 16:28:46 -0700

We have been experiencing some registration issues on the Windows Mobile™ Training site, so we are requesting your help to prevent misuse of the site’s resources.

To ensure that legitimate users of the site are being rewarded for their participation, we are asking users to verify that they are current employees of a company that sells Windows Mobile devices.

Please take one of the following actions to verify your current status:

1. Complete the attached affidavit form, have the document notarized, and then return it to us at:

Microsoft Windows Mobile Training Program
P.O. Box 40068
Portland, OR 97240 USA

2. Send a pay stub in your name from one of these vendors:

Amazon.com, AT&T Wireless, Barnes & Noble.com, Best Buy, Buy.com, CDW Computer Centers, Circuit City, CompUSA, Costco Wholesale Inc., D&H Distributing, Datavision, Dell, Fry's Electronics, Gamestop/Software Etc, Ingram Micro Corp., Insight Direct, J&R Computers, Kmart, LetsTalk.com, Microcenter, MicroWarehouse, MobilePlanet, Motorola, Nebraska Furniture Mart, Office Depot, Office Max, PC Connection, PC Mall, PC Richards & Sons, Radio Shack, RCS, Sears, Shop Toshiba, Shopping.com, Shopping4Sure.com, Smart, Software and More, Software City East, Software Etc, Solutions4Sure.com, Sprint, Staples, Target, Tech Data Corp, TechData, The Wiz, TigerDirect, T-Mobile, Ultimate Electronics, Verizon Wireless, Virgin Megastore, Wal-Mart, Zones

Send the pay stub to us at:

Microsoft Windows Mobile Training Program
P.O. Box 40068
Portland, OR 97240 USA

3. Have your employer send an e-mail verifying your employment with one of these vendors:

AT&T Wireless
Best Buy
Circuit City
CompUSA
Office Depot
Staples

Send the e-mail to: [email protected]

Your employer’s message must come from an e-mail account with the company name in the domain.

Please take action within the next 30 days if you wish to remain eligible for current or future rewards.

See you online,
The Windows Mobile Training Team

HTML Attachment [ Scan and Download | Scan and Save to my Yahoo! Briefcase ]

September 1, 2004

Please sign and return this affidavit within 30 (thirty) days.

I, XXXXX, being duly sworn, say:

My telephone number is xxxxx and I reside at xxxxxxxxxxx
I am employed at XXXXXXXX.

I am submitting this affidavit to Microsoft® Windows MobileTM Training (WMT) with the understanding that it will be relied upon to determine whether I am entitled to receive the rewards for which I have redeemed my points in the Microsoft WMT Rewards Program.

I further represent that I am employed as a sales associate at a physical retail location that sells Windows Mobile devices. I further represent that I have perpetrated no fraud or deception in participating in the Microsoft WMT Rewards Program or in claiming my prize.

I warrant and represent that I am not an employee of Microsoft, its affiliates, subsidiaries, dealers, franchisees, distributors, advertising and sales promotion agencies, printing company or judging organization, nor am I connected with them in any way.

I agree to return to Microsoft any reward that may be awarded to me if any statement made by me in this affidavit is false.

I acknowledge and agree that I am responsible for any taxes that may become due because of rewards received.

I attest that I have read and understand all the foregoing provisions of this affidavit and agree to be bound by all of them.

COUNTRY OF_______________________

STATE OF_________________________
COUNTY OF___________________________

Sworn to before me this ________ day of _______________, 20__.

My commission expires on____________________

Last edited:
Darn it specifically says you must work for a retailer that sells MS mobile stuff... I listed my employment under my review website cuz I'm am unenployed student.

Look, they made a mistake on mine.
I am employed at Other Retail MCP Unlimited - Newark, xxx xxxxx Lane, Newark, Ontario 19711 302-xxx-xxxx.

How do they get the state I am living in is Ontario? I had to have been signed up as in US before or else I couldn't have done the training.

i never got the friggin e-mail...

And i work for sears!!!!!! how will they know whether you get a moust Windows Xp Etc?

klath said:
You might want to get rid of the phone number and address in email. Heh...
:eek: Woops, thanks.

dkitt10 said:
what is this windows training all about?
is it free?

and ya please explain

There's another thread here explaining all about it. You register and take courses for points to receive free incentives. Too bad it flopped. :(

Glad I didnt waist my team on this, debated for a few weeks about it though... Hope atleast some of you get your freebies.

SniperXX said:
Darn it specifically says you must work for a retailer that sells MS mobile stuff... I listed my employment under my review website cuz I'm am unenployed student.
Same here man, I guess its no FS2004 and mouse for me.

Back