• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Win2k, Am I missing something?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Valid

When you've got Win2k installed, how in the heck do you reformat? I've tried opening my computer, right clicking on C and formatting there. No go. I've tried opening up the little DOS shell they give you - no go. I see there's no option to reboot in DOS mode, so just what am I supposed to do here? Am I just missing something?

Probably the best thing to do is to just boot with the 2000 install disc and select the recovery console option then format the drive from there. You could also use a windows 95,98, etc system disk to do that or even make a emergency repair disk. To make the repair disk you get to that from the backup program. To open Backup, click Start, point to Programs, point to Accessories, point to System Tools, and then click Backup.

Ahhh! Thanks for the advice. I've currently been trying to boot from those 4 Win2000 boot disks. However for some reason I'm losing keyboard support, so I can't hit ENTER to continue to disk 2.

I'd change the bios to have the cd-rom as the first boot device, then you dont have to worry about using those awful floppies.

Back