• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

an35n ultra and ocz EB 3200

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ColtIce

Disabled
well I broke down and ordered the 2*512 kit of the OCZ EB 3200.because of the holiday the egg won't ship until Tuesday so I hope to have them by the end of next week.now I know there is not alot of shuttle action here but I was still wondering if any one had any experiance with this combo.of course I will post results and update my post in the timings thread.well wish me luck maybe now I can find the limits of my locked 2500 :santa:

From what I've heard the OCZ is good RAM & OCs well but likes high VDimm so I'm not sure how far you'll get on 2.7V

Good Luck!

Regards, Balrog

well I'm "only" wanting between 217-220 but if I can only get 210 I won't be sad.I'm kinda of curious how it stacks up against my hyperx at 200. because to be honest when doing a scan with spybot s&d the difference between 200@2-2-2-6 and [email protected] is 1 second with 217 being the "leader".
do you know if the ddr booster works with this board?if it does I might have to go down that road.

Yeah it does actually, I heard the other day over at PCPer. It works in the first slot as well which is sweet as we don't lose dual channel like Epoxs do as they have to use the third slot due to capacitor clearance. The lack of VDD will still limit you to some degree but I'll bet with 2.7V VDimm you'll make 215-220 FSB with the OCZ.

Regards, Balrog

one thing that I have noticed is that while bandwidth is good it's just not as "snappy" as the hyperx.I guess that is to be expected with the difference in timings.another thing is the hyperx would not do anything over 200 in dual channel,I have only tried dual channel with this OCZ.I thought it was a mobo issue but now I see it was memory.so far very happy with this stuff.it is close to the performance of the hyperx(not quite as fast)but the compatability with the mobo more than makes up for the slight difference in performance at the same speeds.once I get it over 215 I'll be able to make a better judgement on the performance betweeen the two.

I'm pretty geeked up right now as yesterday was a double whammy for me.got this sweet new ram and my internet got upgraded to RR premium.I went from a 3meg connection to a 6.and while my internet was not slow by any means this new connection is just smokin'.

Back