• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Ultimate 6800 GT ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Actually i just checked and Gainward's warranty sucks :

" The warranty period shall begin on the date on which the product was originally purchased by the customer (invoice date) and shall expire

* 12 months warranty for Gainward PowerPack! VGA cards(nVidia GeForce 6800) and Gainward Hollywood@Home multimedia products*

*nVidia GeForce2, 3, 4, and FX series products still carry 3 years warranty. "

So only a 1 year warranty . Not good in my book , at least not for a card that costs so much .

your correct about the warranty issue. However, considering over the last four years ive owned 4 different video cards at least for me I dont see that to be a problem. Im sure ill want something else in a year. Im by no means defending gainward. I definately think that sucks too. I am just one who likes to stay somewhat up to date. It would be really nice if some of these geforce companies started offering trade-up programs. Does anyone know of any geforce distributers like this?

Actually I think Krag , who is one of our forum members is/was on one of those step-up deals . Send him a message .

Last edited:
I agree.

I am not too worried. I have yet to have a video card die. I will find my cards sweet spot without pushing the limits and add any upgrades to the cooling that seem worth it. These thing lose value at such a fast rate, luckily for me I offloaded the ati 980 pro on ebay before all of the massive price cuts. Looks like the 6600gt is going to be quite a card for cheap and those on a budget should hold out for them.

R4lN said:
your correct about the warranty issue. However, considering over the last four years ive owned 4 different video cards at least for me I dont see that to be a problem. Im sure ill want something else in a year. Im by no means defending gainward. I definately think that sucks too. I am just one who likes to stay somewhat up to date. It would be really nice if some of these geforce companies started offering trade-up programs. Does anyone know of any geforce distributers like this?

Back