• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Playing XviD's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DDR-PIII

Disabled
I've got Windows Media Player 10 installed, along with powerdvd & DivX. I downloaded a video that is encoded in XviD whioch is a DivX type file ? Anyway when opened with divx it played the video but it says it will need a new sound codec in order for me to hear sound. I know that the sound in the video file is AC & 5.1, how do get some sound working on the file ?

K-lite Codec Pack(which included BS Player) works great for Xvid's.

once agian i have downloadedf an xvid file couldnt remember which audio codec i used before to hear the sound buy i knew i had posted a question and someone had help me, so thank you OC search button ;)

it likely has AC3 sounds - the BEST pack to get is the Gordon Knot codec pack www.doom9.org

Xvid is a better form of avi compression, you have DivX and Xvid - but now with Divx 6 out it is becoming superious to Xvid once again.

Back