• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which DVD+R9 DL

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jimmystoba

Registered
I'm in the market for a DVD writer, and wondered which one the good people here would or wouldn't recommend?

There are quite a few on the market here in the UK from various company's, LG, LiteOn, NEC, Pioneer, Sony to name but a few. Hence my decision gets more complicated by the day. So anything you guy's have learned already would help my plight no end.

Thak's in advance for any and all information.

I can recommend the NEC 2510A 8x DVD+/-RW dual layer drive. I haven't burned one coaster yet, even with cheap media. :)

Plus they are getting really cheap (at least in the US).

EDIT: I should also mention that the drive is VERY quiet as well.

Last edited:
The NEC 3500 came out recently. Its just as good as the 25X0 series from what I have heard. And its pretty cheap. Burns DVD+/-R at 16x and DVD+R9 DL at 4x. Of course there isn't much media available for 16x or DL, but it will get cheaper. And it would be nice to have a drive that can use it.

Thanks for the advice people. :)

It's looking like a two horse race at the minute between the 'NEC ND3500' and 'Pioneer DVR-108'. Both are 16x and DL, and are around the same price (£60 UK).
Does anyone know anything about the Pioneer?

I have a Pioneer ao6/106 and a Pioneer ao8/108 and both of them perform superbly. I would reccomend a Pioneer since it havent fail me yet.

Back