• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

6800nu - 12 pipe ----> 16 pipe?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
all i heard is that some of the 1st version was able to softmod, but now I think they using hardware to lock this ability so those who try it probability end up with $300 paperweight

s002wjh said:
all i heard is that some of the 1st version was able to softmod, but now I think they using hardware to lock this ability so those who try it probability end up with $300 paperweight

i think i heard about this paperweight b4...

r u the guy with the gt?

anyway... there is still no evidence that it cant be softmod or harmod to gt..

lets just wait n see...

anyway... even if 6800nu owners cant soft/hardmod it, it already runs at its best at 1280x1024 res..

but hey... for a FREE performance... y not?

I'm going to give it a shot when I get home. I have a chaintech NU that was one of the first ones available. Hopefully its a good one. I know mine has a solid copper HS and almost all of the new ones have aluminum, so hopefully thats a good sign.

s002wjh said:

blah blah. people keep saying this junk. the story you are referring to was an xbit labs article very early on in the gf6 series where they flashed a GT bios to an NU card. Now.. can anyone guess why that wouldn't work? Anyone know of DDR1 memory capable of over 1000mhz? nawp. So the card wouldn't post. suprise suprise. The RT mod is a SOFT-MOD. 100% reversible.

However from all the folks who've tried it over at guru3d 40 people have had unmoddable cards and 1 person had a sucessful mod. So good luck in trying. Just download the new RT and be sure to read the README FILE!!!
btw, i was one of the 40 un-moddable's.

J.

Maybe I'm just an idiot, but I could never figure out how to use rivatuner. Overclocking or anything.

I tried out the new RivaTuner. No luck opening up a pipeline or vertex proc. I had one of the first Leadtek 6800nu's available, but oh well.

As for s002wjh, I tried the mod, it didn't work, and I went back to normal with no problems whatsoever.

yeah, but does the performance increase with your clock? my card for instance gets decreasing d3timedemo scores when the mem is clocked beyond ~875mhz...

dukat said:
yeah, but does the performance increase with your clock? my card for instance gets decreasing d3timedemo scores when the mem is clocked beyond ~875mhz...

yeah, doom3 is extremely picky about oc'ed mems, haven't tested how far mine go without losing performance in d3, but in 3dmark03 it just keeps scaling up till 925, although beyond that the artifacts start appearing, and i dont like benching with artifacts :-/

Ahh I thought it was supposed to now fully support 6800's? I still can't set low level overclocking and have no clue where the 12>16 button is....

But anyways anyone else try the 12>16 if they could find it?

EDIT - Found this...
if u have 16x1 and 6vp, there's no way RT can help you, cause the extra pipes/vp are masked by hardware.

I'm unmodable :(

Last edited:
yeah if you'll read through the readme file you'll find the instructions to get the info about wether your card will be moddable or not. Unfortunately most are not. Still hoping for a hardware mod anyone?

J.

man i doubt nvidia would allow this kind of thing to happen from thier designs.. my guess is maybe they made this "rumor" so people would buy the cards....

Back