• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

LCD Monitor for cheap

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mata2974

How good is this
LCD monitor for gaming....the price is just right for me...but is it any good.....if not which is the best gaming LCD within that price range....gotta be 19'' or above...

I cant claim I know much about lcd monitors but what little I think I know I'd say most are looking for response times faster than that 25ms princeton, more like 16ms and even 12ms but then again that is a pretty cheap price right there ;)

I'd second Fatal Enigma's recommendation. I'd say 16ms minimum for gaming. Although that's a fine monitor for the price (700:1 contrast and 170 degrees viewing angle is very nice!) you may find the blurring from the slow pixel response distracting and 250 cd/m² brightness is a bit weak.

Remember also, that LCD prices are expected to plummet over the next 3 months, so you may wish to find a model which meets your needs and then monitor its price until it hits the "sweet spot".

I don't own that particular model, but FWIW, I've supplied over a dozen Samsung LCDs to my clients this year and they've all been great monitors. That model has some nice specs and good reviews.

Hope this helps.

Back