• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sapphire Radeon 9600 XT or XFX Geforce 5900 (non XT)???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cubaxp

I own now a HIS Radeon 9600 Pro video card, and I now have the posibility of getting a Sapphire Radeon 9600 XT 128 Mb or an XFX Geforce 5900 128 Mb(non XT). I wonder which one is better for me to buy? Pardon my english.

please, someone answer me, I need your opinion as fast as you can!!!! THANKS!!!

take 5900 it ll be good.... if u take radeon then try to take sapphire 9800pro coz can be flash to XT...... hehehhee....
from the previous threat...tat 5900XT can be flash to 5950... it ll be nice too.. coz 5950 are design fight vif 9800pro.......

The 5900 will be a mile ahead of the 9600XT.They are not even in the same class really.The 5900 is an 8 pipe card and the 9600XT has 4 pipes.

yup, go with the fx 5900. i had one made by pny and i liked its performance. it's currently being rma'd right now though. :rolleyes:

thanks for your advice, I'll take the nvidia!!!! Thanks again....!!!!!

Yeah definatly take the fx5900. Just flash it to a 5950u, it's really easy. If you flashed your computer BIOS you can flash your video card BIOS :)

BTW look at the benchmarks in my sig.... Do you think any 9600 could do those? lol... well my 3dmark01 isn't the greatest, but the aquamark and 3dmark03 are pretty nice :)

Hey stang8118:
Can you tell me what are the steps to flash my future geforce 5900(reg) to a 5950?
thanks

Anytime you mod something you take a chance. The 5900's have been done alot, so there is a good track record for doing it, but always a possibility of failure. Your call.

stang8118 said:
BTW look at the benchmarks in my sig.... Do you think any 9600 could do those? lol... well my 3dmark01 isn't the greatest, but the aquamark and 3dmark03 are pretty nice :)

03 hax.

hUMANbEATbOX said:

lol....are you sure? It looks a little high, but not high enough to accuse of hacks.

Then again, my 5950 ultra 256mb gets 6800...hmmmmm.

Anyway....if you need help flashing the card, I've successfully done it three times and never had one fail. PM me if you want some pointers or any advice.

-Collin-

Back