• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ram sinks, warranty

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I am pretty sure it would. Doing anything that alters the card would void the warranty.

If you use frag tape to attach them you'll be fine because you can easily remove them. On the other hand if you use thermal epoxy it would be permanent and thus voids the warranty. Any type of modifications like swapping coolers, swapping of thermal goops or adding sinks will void warranties. The choice is yours-

technically speaking if you raise the clock speed a few mghz you've allready voided the warranty. put ram sinks on and clock it till it cries :D.

J.

well, obviously that's what you do after you put ram sinks on the card but they can't assume that's what you're going to do.

Hi Eric,

Yes, it will void your warranty on the video card. Do not do any
modifications to the video card. If you think your video card will
overheat, just be sure that your system is well ventilated.

eVGA.com Customer Service

so i bought some of that tape. I hope it doesn't leave anything on the chip if you take them off.

Back