• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI board is here

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Gautam, if I was in your shoes (with your setupu and your same OC), I would not be too excited about this new board either. Considering you are already getting 3.3vdimm (is that safe btw?) and your OC, I would be a happy camper. BUT, DFI has had a good rep as being the best OCer with NF2, which is why most people have waited until now to jump to 64.

In my situation, I am completely dissatisfied with my motherboard (vcore undervolts, vdimm undervolts, not stable for crap @ stock, and I won't even begin to complain on how crappy of an OCer it is), so this opens a new door of opportunity. Of course, I did not rush things... I haven't preordered yet, I want to see how others will like it. I know I am not going to break any records, but I want at least a 245x10 or a 250x10 (which is not even close to feasible on my current setup).

Anyhow... that's how I see it. Oh, and that must have been a sweet vacation :D, I think the longest vacation I had ever been on was *maybe* two weeks :)

saltytheseagull said:
HOw much is it? Why is it so great? Good oc's? LMK some results.

This board should be about 130bucks, which makes me wonder why the Lanparty B (NF2) is still almost 140 @ newegg :-/

dreIU said:
Gautam, if I was in your shoes (with your setupu and your same OC), I would not be too excited about this new board either. Considering you are already getting 3.3vdimm (is that safe btw?) and your OC, I would be a happy camper. BUT, DFI has had a good rep as being the best OCer with NF2, which is why most people have waited until now to jump to 64.

In my situation, I am completely dissatisfied with my motherboard (vcore undervolts, vdimm undervolts, not stable for crap @ stock, and I won't even begin to complain on how crappy of an OCer it is), so this opens a new door of opportunity. Of course, I did not rush things... I haven't preordered yet, I want to see how others will like it. I know I am not going to break any records, but I want at least a 245x10 or a 250x10 (which is not even close to feasible on my current setup).

Anyhow... that's how I see it. Oh, and that must have been a sweet vacation :D, I think the longest vacation I had ever been on was *maybe* two weeks :)

This board should be about 130bucks, which makes me wonder why the Lanparty B (NF2) is still almost 140 @ newegg :-/
That sucks you have been having so much trouble withthis board. Mine has been good to me so far. But I did also have undervolt issues but I just used the 5V battery trick and all is well. I am just waiting for a modded bios so I can do 3.0vdimm because I am scared to do a mod. Plus I have never done one.

A64skate said:
That sucks you have been having so much trouble withthis board. Mine has been good to me so far. But I did also have undervolt issues but I just used the 5V battery trick and all is well. I am just waiting for a modded bios so I can do 3.0vdimm because I am scared to do a mod. Plus I have never done one.

5V battery trick? tell me more please.

I have never done a vdimm mod before either, but I would be willing to try it if this board would not be such a headache. There is a good and easy guide on how to perform a vdimm mod in the eopx section on these forums. Also this one is good too, same guide, just clearer pics.

don't forget...

oskar wu writing the Bioses....
every time he goes to a company, that company becomes the new "best"

used to be at Abit, Abit was king.
left Abit, an now Abit sucks.

went to DFI...
then DFI all the sudden was the best.

still at DFI, and look at them now :)
a year ago they were ghosts of the PC market, you bought DFI if you wanted gimmicks. glow in the dark motherboards or something, not overclocking.
come Oskar, and all the sudden they take over the socket A market in a few weeks with how the Infinity and Lanparty B turn out.

now look at the 754, its a pretty bare market.
theres an occassional best.
for awhile it was the AN50R, the Gigabyte K8N...
but no board with this kinda hype, as DFI.

BeerHunter said:
Hey K4mui, you broker me some german stuff I'll broker you some american stuff:)

I want some water blocks from here:
http://www.1a-cooling.de/index.htm

No way. I hate this company... their attitude and behavement in the forums was absolutly intolerable... maybe I can fill you with enthusiasm with something from www.alphacool.de ?
This is a very fine shop, their products are as good as or better, and they look very good. BUT if you want things from 1a I'm sorry to disappoint you... anyway, the watercoolers do not differ that much ;)

Kunaak, you are right :)
And I do not doubt that guys like tictac won't care as much about boards like the Abit KV8pro as about the DFI :D

Gautam said:
Just what the hell is that supposed to mean?

For your information, I was on vacation for 43 days.

Now from what I've found out about why everyone loves the DFI

425MHz HTT- ummmm....great, now find me some memory that can run that

2v vcore- maybe if I go below -100C I may need it, I don't even see most cascade users going past 1.9v

3.1v vdimm- I'll keep my 3.3v, thanks.

I'm also reporting your post(first one I ever have) as I find it extremely offensive and racist, even more so considering what date tomorrow is.

Chill out dude.
FYI this 754pin mobo has been on about any overclocking Forum online. So its suppose to be very Good from the beta reviews.
Also when was the last time you heard of a company that sent out mobos to top overclockers to have them personally test and give advice back to the company to vasly improve the motherboard For overclocking?
OCZ 3700EB was tested to 300fsb 1:1, So yes there IS Memory out there that can post to those speeds.
I've been here for Alot longer then you, i dont Post just to Flame people, I Was trying to be funny, if you cant handle a Joke then Don't respond to me. I dont Look on here to direct and Post Flameing Comments to Offend people. So Go Take a Cold Shower and Cool off.

-Kunaak XS will be down for a while as they have to re-install the system FYI.

I got to say my Shuttle 150 board just rules over anything I have had. I have tried plenty also.

The bios in this DFI board is far & beyound any I have seen. Maybe 15 to 20 MeM settings.

As far as how the board runs I cant say yet its loading now.

Dissolved said:
Chill out dude.
FYI this 754pin mobo has been on about any overclocking Forum online. So its suppose to be very Good from the beta reviews.
Also when was the last time you heard of a company that sent out mobos to top overclockers to have them personally test and give advice back to the company to vasly improve the motherboard For overclocking?
OCZ 3700EB was tested to 300fsb 1:1, So yes there IS Memory out there that can post to those speeds.
I've been here for Alot longer then you, i dont Post just to Flame people, I Was trying to be funny, if you cant handle a Joke then Don't respond to me. I dont Look on here to direct and Post Flameing Comments to Offend people. So Go Take a Cold Shower and Cool off.

-Kunaak XS will be down for a while as they have to re-install the system FYI.
I don't care how long you've been here. I don't see what's so funny about a post like that. Remember what tomorrow's date is? It's September the 11th, in case you didn't know. A day when thousands died. It's nothing to joke about. My own community lost two people. I don't find that very humorous. If you're going to personally attack someone, then pick your insults more wisely. Normally, I'd let it slide, but this is by far the most thoughtless and insulting post I've ever seen on this forum, and if you don't understand why, you'd better come out of whatever hole you've been in. Terrorism is nothing to joke about.

Dissolved said:

Nothing but good news... do you know how many volts were pumped through those modules? Actually, they were probabily just 2x256 right? no way on earth they could have been 2x512, right? oh well, I imagine it would still be close to that.

Dissolved said:
?
OCZ 3700EB was tested to 300fsb 1:1.

are there screenies, i bet they were using either a 4x cpu multi, or .5 cpu multies, giving false result, whenever using either of them the ram is acually slower than cpuz, or clockgen reports it....

JDizzle said:
Can these boards handle mobiles?

well ATM thats what im using, but it seems a bit buggy, it doesnt wann post, i have to power on 3 times for it to post, i will test w/ my 3400 NC latter..

Jess1313 said:
well ATM thats what im using, but it seems a bit buggy, it doesnt wann post, i have to power on 3 times for it to post, i will test w/ my 3400 NC latter..

let us know man... also, if yoou have any issues with the board, you will be in good hands @ dfi-street (well, once the main guys start getting used to this new board :D).

Jess1313 said:
are there screenies, i bet they were using either a 4x cpu multi, or .5 cpu multies, giving false result, whenever using either of them the ram is acually slower than cpuz, or clockgen reports it....

There on another forum which is Not online ATM. and yes it was a Full multi Not a ~.5x.

One of the guys messing around with it was one of the OCZ guys wasn't it? OPP painter was as well. Those were real shots, most had good timings as well. He was doing 2.5-2-2-0 (yes 0) at some absurd speeds.

Can we just say its a pretty good board? As is Asus, Gigabyte, Soyo, and others as well.....all that matters is it does what you NEED it to do...i love extra functions as well, but im if not going to use them or push my system to the point of wasting 1200$, i dont find it that intriging.

man_utd said:
One of the guys messing around with it was one of the OCZ guys wasn't it? OPP painter was as well. Those were real shots, most had good timings as well. He was doing 2.5-2-2-0 (yes 0) at some absurd speeds.

00 on the dfi is really 5...(i dont understand either...)

Back