• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI board is here

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
man_utd said:
One of the guys messing around with it was one of the OCZ guys wasn't it? OPP painter was as well. Those were real shots, most had good timings as well. He was doing 2.5-2-2-0 (yes 0) at some absurd speeds.

Yes he was one of them, an OCZ worker, and a guy overseas were also beta testing with awesome clocks.

dreIU said:
So, jess, how is everything running so far? Tried the 3400+ desktop in there yet?

not yet still goin w/ the moible, im really not looking forward to taking my shuttle appart to get the 3400 out, its a reall pain. But i need to get hte Mobile back in the Shuttle NEway..lol

i have a desktop just now, i was fighting windows install, turned out i had a bad disk. give me about 1-2 hour....

-Jess-

Jess1313 said:
not yet still goin w/ the moible, im really not looking forward to taking my shuttle appart to get the 3400 out, its a reall pain. But i need to get hte Mobile back in the Shuttle NEway..lol

i have a desktop just now, i was fighting windows install, turned out i had a bad disk. give me about 1-2 hour....

-Jess-

take your time man, just keep us posted :beer:

I'm posting from mine right now. I've got my CG 3200+ clawhammer @ 2.23ghz while doing all the windows update stuff. Voltages seem to be spot-on, although the temperature probe seems to be a bit weird, stating 33 celcius idle temps under my TDX.

I'll start pushing the board once SP2 is done installing in a half hour or so.

OperativeSix said:
I'm posting from mine right now. I've got my CG 3200+ clawhammer @ 2.23ghz while doing all the windows update stuff. Voltages seem to be spot-on, although the temperature probe seems to be a bit weird, stating 33 celcius idle temps under my TDX.

I'll start pushing the board once SP2 is done installing in a half hour or so.

Someone else @ dfi-street reported something wierd happening with their temp probe... I think they were saying it was reading a bit high as opposed to their past nf3 mobo.

Let us know how it all goes.

Ok here a few screenies, I got the booting fixed for awail it was ram timings.

Then I ajusted again and started having the prob all over. I will find the setting latter that mad it boot.

I have to go to work early tomorow so I will not post again until after work, got to go to bed for now.

Anyway there is so many bios settings it will take some working with to get things as we want. But it has no problem running this at all. It is the first 250gb board I have had that will do this. Also with so many ajustments in bios there should be the ability to get what we where shown from the beta testers that gave reviews.

Atleast its no a MSI, I am pleased with its performance so far & when get time I will push it some more.

Attachments

• cpuz.jpg
    cpuz.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 102
  • sandra.jpg
    sandra.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Just some quick results. That's with 3-4-4-11 timings. I havn't bothered to try more yet, as I have to wait 2 hours for FFXI to finish patching <_<.

On a side note, I can't take my GeIL memory past ~225mhz FSB with 1T. Had to drop it to 2T to get it stable over that. I should hopefully be able to do 290mhz 1:1 @ 3.1v, as I can do 267 3-4-4-8 2.85v on my P4P800...

And it's only at 1.712v because, well, I know it can take it while under my TDX. It's done 2.23 @ 1.475v, so this 3200+ can go far hopefully.

Attachments

• A64.gif
    A64.gif
    16.4 KB · Views: 297
I just got this baby in tonight....

Had to pull the water out...put on my A64 WW adapter plate...and refill...

I'm considering taking the IHS off....

Can anyone give me a SAFE way to do so?

This DFI board is sexy, but I'm a bit worried about the VERY CLOSE quarters of my 6800GT and where my northbridge waterblock WILL be placed...

man_utd said:
He was doing 2.5-2-2-0 (yes 0) at some absurd speeds.
I remember someone saying this is the same as "3" or "2", cannot remember :)

dreIU said:
Actually, they were probabily just 2x256 right? no way on earth they could have been 2x512, right? oh well, I imagine it would still be close to that.
It was 1x512MB I think.

edit: Xaggerate, I found THIS picture of a watercooled system, I think this may help you?

Last edited:
here is a beta bios for the dfi 754 250gb ut, akaik. use it at your own risk.. Its working fine for me.

Last edited:
Ah I see it got moved, I new it would I just wanted everyone to see wail the board was still availble.

Thanx guys.

Jess1313 said:
Anyway there is so many bios settings it will take some working with to get things as we want. But it has no problem running this at all. It is the first 250gb board I have had that will do this.

Ok Jess, I just want to confirm that you are saying that you have had a successfull in-box bios boot and install with a MOBILE A64 cpu. Am I understanding you correctly? If so.. woooooot :burn:

well i have, but im having post problems, and i cant conferme yet if its mobile related or not. i have to power on, power off three times befor it post....

i just modded this beta bios and now we have vdimm up to 3.2v

here

EDIT: N/M the settings are there in bios, but only 3.2vdimm really works everything above that, just gives 3.2vdimm.... :temper:

Last edited:
Can you confirm the readings? I recall reading at XS that it would be possible to enable the options in BIOS, but that the voltage would still be limited.

Can you confirm actual voltage above 3.3V?

no as high as i can get is 3.2v :bang head :bang head :bang head , all the others are there in bios but they dont work.....

Back