• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI board is here

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Doh! Nice try... Have you noticed a difference with the Beta BIOS in general?

I don't have the board yet, but I'm trying to follow closely here.

the temps read better & its suppost to fix (no boot with TT dissabled)

Last edited:
Have you tried the desktop chip yet? :D Sorry if I keep asking, I am anxious to know.

So, with all those memory timings... do you know what all of them mean? If not, where the heck could we go to find out?

Hopefully, with the desktop chip, things will be smoother. The only thing that concerns me about this board is the fact that you have to power on and off 3 times for it to post.

dreIU said:
Have you tried the desktop chip yet? :D Sorry if I keep asking, I am anxious to know.

So, with all those memory timings... do you know what all of them mean? If not, where the heck could we go to find out?

no im debating on it :p , i need to though, to make sure that why i am still haveing post problems.

here is a shot of the bios from Anandtech
http://images.anandtech.com/reviews/motherboards/dfi/nf3250gb/dramtime.jpg

that just the start, there is many blow that. i know what everything from dam frequence to write cas latency is, and some of the stuff below that. but i dont know what this refesh period(opions from 1000ish-5000ish), nor any of these DQS skew opions are, and there are some below that that im not used to. alot are seem in A64 tweaker,and thoughs i can deal w/ but im not sure about the others....

Jess1313 said:
no im debating on it :p , i need to though, to make sure that why i am still haveing post problems.

here is a shot of the bios from Anandtech
http://images.anandtech.com/reviews/motherboards/dfi/nf3250gb/dramtime.jpg

that just the start, there is many blow that. i know what everything from dam frequence to write cas latency is, and some of the stuff below that. but i dont know what this refesh period(opions from 1000ish-5000ish), nor any of these DQS skew opions are, and there are some below that that im not used to. alot are seem in A64 tweaker,and thoughs i can deal w/ but im not sure about the others....

Yeah, I saw that shot @ anand and it worried me a bit... is there any way to set those to "auto" so we don't have to twittle with them while we install windows and everything?

And I am assuming (from past experience with them) that they included some **** poor manual that doesn't explain squat right? In that case, somebody should make some sort of guide on this.

Also, you said you were using OCZ modules? which? I will be using the EB's.

dreIU said:
Yeah, I saw that shot @ anand and it worried me a bit... is there any way to set those to "auto" so we don't have to twittle with them while we install windows and everything?

And I am assuming (from past experience with them) that they included some **** poor manual that doesn't explain squat right? In that case, somebody should make some sort of guide on this.

Also, you said you were using OCZ modules? which? I will be using the EB's.
well ATM in trying both my ocz 4400(hynix d5), and my mushkin(bh-6) but my bh-6 didnt really come alive till i hit it w/ 3.45+ vdimm.:(.

im taking my shuttle apart right now....(3400 nc here i come.....)

Anyone else getting weird temperature readings with the board? I'm getting 49 C while priming with my TDX, which doesn't seem right at all. I've tried re-seating and re-applying AS5 to it 3 times so far, same temperatures every time.

That, and my 3200+ seems to be a bit of a dud overclocker. I can only run up to 230x10 P95 stable so far @ 1.7v. Bumping chipset up to 1.8v doesn't net me any extra speed. Memory is GeIL PC4200 @ 3-4-4-8 3.0v, so it should have a LOT more headroom on it.

Any ideas/suggestions?

OperativeSix said:
Anyone else getting weird temperature readings with the board? I'm getting 49 C while priming with my TDX, which doesn't seem right at all. I've tried re-seating and re-applying AS5 to it 3 times so far, same temperatures every time.

That, and my 3200+ seems to be a bit of a dud overclocker. I can only run up to 230x10 P95 stable so far @ 1.7v. Bumping chipset up to 1.8v doesn't net me any extra speed. Memory is GeIL PC4200 @ 3-4-4-8 3.0v, so it should have a LOT more headroom on it.

Any ideas/suggestions?

try 9x multi and see if you can get more htt...

Wupdate, just got me NC in, and got booted, temp reading is really really wierd not, i get 65idle,and 70 load. which cant be right, i have reset my HSF, w/ not help...

im noin back to my ocz 4400 for my NC testing. ill post back soon..

The N/C works just fine, no more boot problems at all(totally gone) must have been the mobile.

I have had 275 HTT with mem at 1:1 with ease, I am going to try the mushkin again now & start working on Vdimm mod on the board.

This board is very stable & I am pleased with it, 3Dmark scores are very good also.

When I get the Vdimm where it needs to be I think the performace will be strong/stable.

Last edited:
Jess1313 said:
The N/C works just fine, no more boot problems at all(totally gone) must have been the mobile.

Jess, except for the few boots in between the successfull boots, did you feel like the mobile wasn't stable or smooth on the DFI ? Would you say you could just boot her out of the box with a mobile and wait for a bios that would fix the boot problems and flash it to fix the problem? (IF they do come out with such a bios...)

Thanks

Yes I would, the mobile was very stable & performed better than the 3400 N/C.

I will go back to the mobil even with it giving boot probs, it would always boot it just took three cycles.

Even if they dont fix it in bios a Vcore mod would probably fix this. Wouldnt that be something to mod vcore when you have up about 2.0v already.

There may be a fix for it coming tho, DFI guys seem to want this board to work for all. They have come a long way in the last year & its because of there effort to build good OCing boards & making then work stable.

This is the first board to come close to the performance of my Shuttle rig, although it is not out performing it yet I fell it will in time. After all I have only had it for 24 hours & I had months to tweak the Shuttle.

Jess1313 said:
Yes I would, the mobile was very stable & performed better than the 3400 N/C.

I will go back to the mobil even with it giving boot probs, it would always boot it just took three cycles.

Thanks for answering my question. This is very positive news indeed.

Jess1313 said:
There may be a fix for it coming tho, DFI guys seem to want this board to work for all. They have come a long way in the last year & its because of there effort to build good OCing boards & making then work stable..

I'm sure there will be, and yes, those guys have done an excellent job. My hats off to them.

Jess1313 said:
This is the first board to come close to the performance of my Shuttle rig, although it is not out performing it yet I fell it will in time. After all I have only had it for 24 hours & I had months to tweak the Shuttle.

Congrats! I'll join you in trying to get my 3200+ mobile tweaked with the DFI board, but I'll have to wait for my hardware... Now I'll stop wasting your time so that you can play some more. Thanks !!

i noticed next to the 3rd PCI slot theres a row of solder pads for LEDS, theres 4 of them.. im curious to see if they give off any voltage maybe they do something :)

well they never really clamed to have dfi support:(, but this is the same one that was used on the DFI LP U-B/U-I.

also seen here

as long as it has a 4mb bios this should work:), and AKAIK, most/all new mobo's have had 4mb bioses:D

also it seems that only DFI NFII mobo's have the bios corrupion problems. i would suggest looking at the DFI NFII link in my sig, for avoiding this on DFI NFII. i donnot believe that this board is goin to suffer from bios corrupion as the previous ones did...

Last edited:
Back