• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI board is here

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Jess1313 said:
Yes I would, the mobile was very stable & performed better than the 3400 N/C.

I will go back to the mobil even with it giving boot probs, it would always boot it just took three cycles.

Jess,

My DFI should be here any day and I'm trying to decide on my cpu. I want the best overclocker between the DTR chips and the mobiles. I am going for a cool and quiet machine and want lower temps from the DTR/mobiles if possible. What are people's results/opinions on this chips:

AMN3200BIX5AR - mobile 62w 3200 clawhammer cg stepping - $294
AMA3200BEX5AR - dtr 3200 clawhammer cg stepping - $210
AMA3400BEX5AP - DTR 3400 clawhammer co stepping $288

Or I could save a lot of money and just get

ADA3000AXBOX - Desktop 3000 newcastle $175 (seems most people are getting them to 2.4/2.5 ghz)

Thanks - Garet

Odie812 said:
Can you confirm actual voltage above 3.3V?

Absolutly:D, im now at 3.5vdimm :clap:, the problem is that the Vdimm is fead from the 3.3vrail, i turn my 3.3vrail up to 3.7v(alittle high, but ill see how it goes) and then vdimm adjustments in bios work up to 3.6vdimm(it undervolts so this gives 3.5v). will hope to post new results soon..

garetjax said:
Jess,

My DFI should be here any day and I'm trying to decide on my cpu. I want the best overclocker between the DTR chips and the mobiles. I am going for a cool and quiet machine and want lower temps from the DTR/mobiles if possible. What are people's results/opinions on this chips:

AMN3200BIX5AR - mobile 62w 3200 clawhammer cg stepping - $294
AMA3200BEX5AR - dtr 3200 clawhammer cg stepping - $210
AMA3400BEX5AP - DTR 3400 clawhammer co stepping $288

Or I could save a lot of money and just get

ADA3000AXBOX - Desktop 3000 newcastle $175 (seems most people are getting them to 2.4/2.5 ghz)

Thanks - Garet

Hi everybody. I'm in the same boat as you Garet. Except I have already ordered the DTR 3200+ [CG] yesterday from Newegg for the $210. I'm nervous about this experience that Jess1313 is having with his mobile. I only ordered it yesterday, so I have time to cancel and change to a straight desktop chip.

What do you think Jess1313? By the way, I am going to be cooling the chip with a Vapochill Light Speed; so I am also going to have a slight mod job to fit the evaporator head to the DTR. Is it worth it to even go with the DTR for its slightly lower temps given the boot problems Jess is having? Is there much benifit I wonder?

I really dont know how to advice you, the 1m clawhammer will give you the best performance whether its mobil,DTR or desktop. Buy all means stick with the clawhammer I cant get my N/C to even come close to a 1m CPU on any board.

Now with the cooling you have a N/C could do better but still so will the claw.

I have not tried the DTR, they do diff than the mobil, I believe I would stick with the DTR if you got it from NewEgg, you can always send it back.

A 3200 Clawhammer Desktop would probably do close to as good as the DTR. I have been looking at the 3700 ClawHammers but I know this is a chunck of change.

But the 3700 claw has the possibity to clock very good with Xtreem cooling, Could you stand to have 2600-2700 out of a claw.

Both my DTR & mobile will do 2500 stable on air, with the Xtreem cooling they may go much more so the 3700 may be a waste.My DTR is dead tho because of a bad ABIT board so I cant tell you if it works, you may look at DFI-Street and see if anyone has one working there.

I really think Oskar will fix the Mobil boot problem & make it & the DTR work fine, I will try and as him if this is so.

I have figured out that it is Vcore that is cousing the mobil not to post right off, a Vcore mod would fix this prob because what it does is not applie enough vcore to post. Wiuth a mod it would have the voltage right off it needs.

I have PMed the ones that my be able to fix this in bios & see what they say can be done. ethier way it can be fixed.

Please let us know, because if that's the case I will go with the DTR over the desktop 3400+.

WAit- are you guys saying that the 3400+ dtr CO will outperform the 3400+ desktop CG ?

Jbroad572 said:
Please let us know, because if that's the case I will go with the DTR over the desktop 3400+.

WAit- are you guys saying that the 3400+ dtr CO will outperform the 3400+ desktop CG ?

Well I personally just ordered the 3200+ DTR 1MB L2 cache CG revision. I am told almost unanimously that all CG cores will OC about the same with proper cooling and all other things being equal. See this thread I started specifically to ask this same question:

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?p=3077801#post3077801

However, something to note is that is you read some of teh reviews on Newegg for the 3400+ that is denoted as the CO revison; they say they actually received CG revisons.....but, like I said above, who cares....the 3200+ should OC the same and it is $78 cheaper....

Last edited:
Jess1313 said:
I have figured out that it is Vcore that is cousing the mobil not to post right off, a Vcore mod would fix this prob because what it does is not applie enough vcore to post. Wiuth a mod it would have the voltage right off it needs.

I have PMed the ones that my be able to fix this in bios & see what they say can be done. either way it can be fixed.

Very cool....good news. I also saw your post in my other thread...thanks for the the update!!!

I'm trying to look around for others that may have already used a DTR on the DFI MB. If I find anything I will report back here...

Last edited:
Right now I'm passing memtest at 300fsb 1:1 and 3.0v (300x3) and 1450mb/s...I'm going to keep on going....but no more volts..unless someone can tell me I'm totally fine with 3.1v ;)

Once I max the ram, I'll be off to CPU....

what is the typical cpu/mem ratio everyone is using on this board?

Xaggerate said:
Right now I'm passing memtest at 300fsb 1:1 and 3.0v (300x3) and 1450mb/s...I'm going to keep on going....but no more volts..unless someone can tell me I'm totally fine with 3.1v ;)

Once I max the ram, I'll be off to CPU....

what is the typical cpu/mem ratio everyone is using on this board?

wow thats quiet amazing:) good work. what is your mem ratio set to in bios, and what cpu multi are you using?

hum well for eb's at anythings over 2.9vdimm i would recommend using a fan:), they usually run very hot

Well..I'm using a zalman 92mm on the mem at the moment...

DRAM/FSB is set to 1:1

I haven't yet maxed the CPU yet....something tells me I'm looking at 333x8 or so for a clock....

Xaggerate said:
Well..I'm using a zalman 92mm on the mem at the moment...

DRAM/FSB is set to 1:1

I haven't yet maxed the CPU yet....something tells me I'm looking at 333x8 or so for a clock....

yes but when you ram mem test at 300 1:1 what cpu multi were you using, i ask because 4x multies as .5(half) mulit put your ram on a ratio(most prog, including memtest, cpu-z, cpuid, and others cant see this, they still think that it is 1:1)

what multi SHOULD I use....right now I'm only using 4x....should I be doing something differently?

EDIT: Am I doing something backwards??

Right now:

Frequency bus = 300
LDT = 3x
HTT = 4x
DRAM/FSB = 1:1

Last edited:
Xaggerate said:
what multi SHOULD I use....right now I'm only using 4x....should I be doing something differently?

EDIT: Am I doing something backwards??

Right now:

Frequency bus = 300
LDT = 3x
HTT = 4x(i think you mean CPU)
DRAM/FSB = 1:1

the cpu multi(not ldt, but CPU) affects ram ratio, if you us a 4x mult(ie 300x4, w/ bios at 1:1 mem) you ram is really at 4:5, it should be at 4:4, but a64 doesnt support anything lower that 5 on the cpu/X ratios. i would test w/ a 5, so your ram will be at 5:5.

if you us 4x300, w/ ram to 200 in bios, the you ram is only at 240mhz:( :bang head :bang head .

please alway use WHOLE multies ABOVE 4x w/ a64. if you use half multies it puts your ram at really funnie ratios, becase it doesnt have half devisors. for example if you us 5.5x300 then you ram is at 5.5/6=275mhz.

Alright...so change the HTT to 5x and drop the FSB back down and test again?

Where should I start the FSB at again, Jess?

Xaggerate said:
Alright...so change the HTT to 5x and drop the FSB back down and test again?

Where should I start the FSB at again, Jess?

start at 240-250, because your 300 earlier was 240, and you know you were stable there..

A64 ram speeds/ratios seem very confusing at first,but eventually youll get it:)

Yeah...I've only been at this since 11 last night....:(

Thanks Jess..I'll let ya know how things go here..

EDIT: How did you determine I was running at a 4/5 ratio? show me the math :)

Xaggerate said:
Yeah...I've only been at this since 11 last night....:(

Thanks Jess..I'll let ya know how things go here..

EDIT: How did you determine I was running at a 4/5 ratio? show me the math :)

well i you said you were using a 4x cpu multi, and w/ a64 all ram ratios are derived from your multipier+ the devisor(as i call it) it is sometimes refered to as CPU/X(the "cpu" being the cpu multi).

ok say i had a 3200 clawhammer@stock speeds, w/ bios @1:1. the claw uses a 10x cpu multi, so for ram to be at 1:1 them my cpu/x must be 10 as well--->cpu/10. the end result=10/10 which=1:1. if from there i drop my multi to 9, then the ratio scales to cpu/9, which is 9/9=1:1. if i go to 5multi then i goes to cpu/5 which is 5/5=1:1, but there is a problem w/ 4x multi, because there in NO cpu/4, so it stays at cpu/5, giving 4/5:(.

ok now for ratios. 3200 clawhammer@stock speeds w/ bios @166/200(5:6). my cpu muti is @ 10, and for my ram to be at 5:6 my cpu/x will be cpu/12, giving 10/12(which =5:6):). this cpu/x also scales when using devisors.

here is a nice chart showing all the ram speeds w/ all multies(note that all shown are using 200mhz HTT in bios+ the ram ratio show in the chart)(thanks to angry games:))

Last edited:
I think I'm getting a little annoyed with all this...I've done my reading..and maybe things just seem a bit confusing....

These are the settings I currently have set in the bios:

DRAM Frequency = 200 (DRAM/FSB 1:01)

FSB = 250

LDT/FSB ratio = 4x
-I know I can only up in whole integers. I assume this is the memory frequency ratio?

CPU/FSB ratio = 5x
-I'm assuming this is the cpu/mem ratio?

NOW...If I'm running the above, does this mean I'm running my memory 4x/5x? I assume I'd have to be running at 5x/5x for a REAL 1:1 ratio...BUT..wouldn't bumping up the LDT/FSB ratio exceed the 1000mhz cap of the board? Or am I suppose to be doing that!?!?!? (A64 newb :()

Some funky naming used in the bios (at least for me)

What I'd like to do is run 1:1 as high as I can, then drop it a run the CPU as high as I can..then fiddle around with the ratios to try to max out both...

Back