• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Headphones with Headaches...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hypnos

I have some labtec elite 835's but they aren't great and they give me headaches. My meds control most of my headaches but the pressure from some headphones makes them worse. So I am looking to find some good, but low pressure headphones, Any ideas what would fit the bill for ~100$?

Your sure its the pressure and not the bass right? Sorry I am just asking cuz I will get a headache with a pair of my closed ear headphones, it was cuz of the bass, at 1st I had thought pressure.

Isnt $100 alot for headphones? They got some nice ones cheaper.

SniperXX said:
Your sure its the pressure and not the bass right? Sorry I am just asking cuz I will get a headache with a pair of my closed ear headphones, it was cuz of the bass, at 1st I had thought pressure.

It isnt the bass, unfortunately, I am one of the lucky ones who gets bad migrane headaches, like put you into the hospital bad. I like loud music sometimes, but the tension of the headphones, more than bass or volume is the worst part, I can always turn it down.

SniperXX said:
Isnt $100 alot for headphones? They got some nice ones cheaper.

Being headache free has no price in my book :)

I'm using Sennheiser HD555 and I find them very comfortable :) The velour pads go around your ears. They also sound quite smooth, lacking the shrill/harsh highs of my previous headphones Philips HP800 (that Philips was in a different priceclass though).

I Have the Sennheiser HD-580's and the HD-580/600's are the most comfortable headphones IMO. You can usually find a pair of 580's used for around $120 or so.

Ryan

I have found the HD 570's on Newegg for 129, and after having a name to drop, I got to try a pair out...Man are they nice, Thanks for all your help guys! :)

My headaches are caused by the headphones pushing on the sides of my head cutting off blood flow or something. Get some Bose Triports or Quietcomfort headhones and all the headaches will go away. But Im sure I will get flamed for saying Bose here but I love my Quiet Comfort 2s cause they are SOOOOO comfortable. Before I had Senn. 212pros.

Last edited:
Are u a gamer at all? If you are a gamer I recommend Sennheiser PC150/155s. Great earphones with a noise canceling mike. If you're not then try Sennheiser HD range or Bose Triports.

Yes I game with them, but I want to use them with my mp3 player as well. Any good headphones with a detatchable mic maybe? Haven't really seen anything like that out there.

Hypnos said:
Yes I game with them, but I want to use them with my mp3 player as well. Any good headphones with a detatchable mic maybe? Haven't really seen anything like that out there.

Yeah, that would be VERY cool if you could get a great set of headphones w/ a detachable mic.

Back