• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best ABIT P4 board?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hi guys!
So, which one gets the highest FSB? I don't mind doing Vmods :) (in fact I almost count on it)

I have a new P4C800E-D now because my old one died :(. My old one used to do 290 FSB with vmods. But now this new one can only do 280 FSB with vmods :temper:

So, I might be looking into Abit if it's worth it. I don't really need all the "extras" some boards have (LAN,RAID,ect...) I already have a very good CPU and killer MEM, just need a good board. The only thing I do need is for the Vdimm to be stable at 3.5v or more (after vmod) so my RAM can do it's thing.

Thanks!

xTrEmEoVrClOcKr said:
I also broke 13K in 3Dmark03 :).

Hey. thats some score. Ive only got to 7k with my rig below. Where is the 'huge' difference comming from .

Ps
Have you got you rig runnig dual channel?

Fish

I have an IC7 and tried four MaxIIIs, they both overclocked the same. I returned the Maxs as the VDIMM did not work >2.8 (I kept hoping), so it's basically an $$$$ IC7 with some bells and whistles. I still own one MaxIII, only because I got it used in Japan for $80, and it's a late board with the MC64 removed. I'm waiting on Taodragon's VTT kit.

If you want working VDIMM >2.8 out of the box, you gotta go AI7. The Rev. 1.2 IS7 I have is the stablest board I've used. The 2.8 VDIMM limit is not a big negative anymore with Crucial Ballistix ram that can run 2.5-2-2-5 up to 242 or so at low volts, and runs 5:4 well up high.

The PQI TCCD ram can run 1:1 up around 265-275 or so at 2.5-3-3-6 with 2.8 volts or less, so the IS7 and IC7 are looking better all the time.

The Abit 865P boards like the AI7 and IS7 can run GAT of Sr-Enh-A-D-D as long as you can run CAS 2 on the ram (2-2-2-5 or 2-3-3-6), and the unbuffered bandwidth I get with these boards are unsurpassed. Will definitely beat any 875P board clock-for-clock (3550 unbuffered at 225 fsb, 1:1, 2-2-2-5). Even on the 800 strap, that GAT setting is good for full PAT at 1:1 and partial PAT at 5:4, but bandwidth is about the same.

FishD said:
Hey. thats some score. Ive only got to 7k with my rig below. Where is the 'huge' difference comming from .

Ps
Have you got you rig runnig dual channel?

Fish

Well, the 6800GT pushed my rig throught it all. I think the max I scored with my 9800 Pro was 7200 Something. Its clocks for 475 / 410 with a Tt Giant 3 on it. Anyways, I plan to get a new mobo now that my P4C800 is getting pretty old. IC7 Max 2, here I come. I cant afford the IC7 Max 3. I also have to save up for a 3.0E :(. Dont get me wrong, im still keeping my ginormous 2.6C :).

Back