• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI 250gb Bate bios - Download

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Anyone know what "Motherboard Monitor" program to use for temps? MBM is no longer being updated on the site and this board isn't supported being it just came out. I need help monitoring temps!

Tacoman667 said:
Anyone know what "Motherboard Monitor" program to use for temps? MBM is no longer being updated on the site and this board isn't supported being it just came out. I need help monitoring temps!

Whats wrong with the one that came on the DFI supplied CD?

wannaoc said:
I am trying out your modded one and so far so good. Too bad I can't figure out all these settings.

As to the PSU question above: Any Fortron or Sparkle will have the pots inside to adjust it as high as you want. My Fortron 530w runs at 3.3 = 3.60 all day with no problems as well as my Sparkle 300w. Just be careful, those pots are VERY sensitive and make sure to test the voltages with the pc on with everything hooked up or else you get the wrong readings.

can you go as high as [email protected]?

bldegle2 said:
pot adjusted on the 3.3, i have had my Sparkle 400 up to 3.6 with no ill effects via the internal pot.

just got my DFI and a cheap a64 2800+ up and running with the beta bios, took care of the CPU throttling prob, and the choices for vdimm are nice. my 3.3 rail is @3.5 presently so i can get about 3.35/3.38 vdimm.

running a cool 9x255 w/1gig of BH-5, 1/1, STOCK COOLER that came with the retail chip, 948U on the way, then into the prommie when it is all sorted out properly.

clock on.

baldy :clap:

Rock on mang!:D

Jess1313 said:
Here you go guys.

New DFI beta 9/12 bios for DFI 250gb UT - by oskar_wu-dfi-street
  • Fixes - when CPU Thermal Throttling disabled, no post:)

• Fixes - Temp reading wrong(on some)

Jess1313 beta 9/12 4.0vdimm- by Jess1313-ocforums
  • the same as the above Oskar bios +

• This bios gives opions to go above 4.0vdimm, but you must mod you 3.3vrail to use anything above 3.2v. you 3.3v rail must be .1-.15v above the selected Vdimm.(ie for 3.5 vdimm you would need 3.6-3.65v 3.3rail)

• i have tested this as high as 3.8vdimm(3.9v 3.3vrail). 3.9, and 4.0 work, they just dont increase vdimm anymore, unless you 3.3vrail at 4.0v, or 4.1v :eek:

DFI NF3-250gb now fully supports mobiles/DTRs

Oskar wu 9/14 w/ mobile/DTR support(vdimm3.1)-you are the man oskar :D
  • fix- 3 power cycles to get moble/dtr to post, now post instantly :cool:
Jess1313 9/14 w/ mobile/DTR support(4.0 vdimm)

• fixes - 3 power cycles to get moble/dtr to post, now post instantly, every time(same as oskar 9/14)+
  • 4.0vdimm :D w/ a PSU 3.3v rail mod, as discribled above...

thanks to oskar for his help :D

Use at your own risk.

-Jess1313-

boot issues solved, thanks to oskar_wu at dfi-street....

:-D

Last edited:
gouda96 said:
Hot damn, time to get a 3200 mobile!!!!!

as well, i just confermend that DTR's work, for sure, W/O issues:D

Last edited:
I hope, that he also will fix C&Q for my Hardwarecombination....

C&Q hangs up my PC with WinXP Pro SP1 and/or SP2 ......

Maybe 2x512MB Singlesided Ram with an CG CPU-Revision makes Problems....

Settings are correct...

1) Bios
2) Driver
3) Energy Setting "minumun"

Jess1313, I tryed you bios and it worked fine :D Manu bugs are gone now. But one thing.

I set my 3.3v rail to 3.5v. When i set 3.2v in the bios i only see 3.29V.
When i set 3.3v in the bios then it suddenly 2.6v again.
3.4v in bios =2.8v 3.5/3.6...4.0 its rising to 3.29v.

Why cant i go up?? i flashed 9/12

The bios helped fix my temps, but they are still off... I know im under 40c idle on my cpu when my gpu block on the same loop is 30c. Also I know its not seated wrong... Should I try getting a thermal probe and stickin it against the side of the core?

kakaroto said:
Jess1313, I tryed you bios and it worked fine :D Manu bugs are gone now. But one thing.

I set my 3.3v rail to 3.5v. When i set 3.2v in the bios i only see 3.29V.
When i set 3.3v in the bios then it suddenly 2.6v again.
3.4v in bios =2.8v 3.5/3.6...4.0 its rising to 3.29v.

Why cant i go up?? i flashed 9/12

i would try reflashing the bios, and use winflash, and update all blocks. disable thremal trottleing, and C&Q. set vcore to 1.55vcore, and up using special. if this doesnt work, try clearing cmos, and resetup bios..

-Jess-

Jess1313 said:
i would try reflashing the bios, and use winflash, and update all blocks. disable thremal trottleing, and C&Q. set vcore to 1.55vcore, and up using special. if this doesnt work, try clearing cmos, and resetup bios..

-Jess-

Thanks Jess1313, i flashed it again with winflash and... IT worked :) thank you very much!! :thup:

Getting 3.38Vdimm @3.53v >3.3v rail

The temps are still not right, i have a Mach I R507 and it shows -14 idle.
On the EPoXl 8KDAJ i get -27~-28C idle.
Have you tested it below zero? (the sensor)?

Xuehao

Last edited:
Tagged..

EDIT: I just tagged the thread to keep track, But Holy.. The beta Bios let me Boot 200Dram (1:1 setting) on the stock bios it would not boot with that setting at 200, only "Auto"..

:D

Last edited:
kakaroto said:
Thanks Jess1313, i flashed it again with winflash and... IT worked :) thank you very much!! :thup:

Getting 3.38Vdimm @3.53v >3.3v rail

The temps are still not right, i have a Mach I R507 and it shows -14 idle.
On the EPoXl 8KDAJ i get -27~-28C idle.
Have you tested it below zero? (the sensor)?

Xuehao

yeah glad this was the fixed:)

RGone said:
Ok link out on front page for the OskarWu 9/14 is not working. Just used this one and it did work. So you know Jess1313.

Working or was working 9/14 link...

Sincerely, RGone...

Editted: Posted link and it worked after post so there it is again...for those that need it.

Thanks for noticing Rgone, got here working again :thup:

-Jess-

Back