• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI 250gb Bate bios - Download

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Is there any difference between "Jess" bios for 4.0VDimm and the one a little lower down labelled for 3.8 VDimm?

BTW, I used the one a few posts down, the "3.8". Flash went fine. Temps are no longer reporting as 53C idle. Now reporting as 40C.

Now to go read all RGone's links at dfi-street.

Thanks, Jess. Does the Fortron 530 have to be modded, or can it be dialled up above 3.4? Ya know?

-Scott

prepost edit - judging from all these replies I just now saw on the second page, the answer is no. just dial it in to where you want. is that corect/

i knew there was a reason why i bought this PSU!

Just installed a thermal probe to my CPU.... even after the beta bios im getting 40c for cpu in bios and that horrible temp program the mobo came with. The temp probe says 27c which I beleive seeing as it is on the core itself, also my x800xt shows 27c (they are on the same h20 loop) so that gives you guys an idea of how much the temps can still be off.

serlv said:
Is there any difference between "Jess" bios for 4.0VDimm and the one a little lower down labelled for 3.8 VDimm?

BTW, I used the one a few posts down, the "3.8". Flash went fine. Temps are no longer reporting as 53C idle. Now reporting as 40C.

Thanks, Jess. Does the Fortron 530 have to be modded, or can it be dialled up above 3.4? Ya know?

-Scott

prepost edit - judging from all these replies I just now saw on the second page, the answer is no. just dial it in to where you want. is that corect/

Forton pots can be adjusted well above 3.4v, so you won't need a mod.

serlv said:

-Scott

There is not differnence in the two bios, when i wrote that, i simple hadnot tested VDimm above 3.8. i will go back and edit my above post:)

Problems with Beta Bios

Hi all,

Has anyone had problems with the Beta Bios that alows 4V into the memory. My 550 Watt enermax supply provides 3.5 volts without the mod so I wish to use this bios and a mobile A64. Could you guys let me know if you have had any problems.

Thanks

pazza316 said:
Hi all,

Has anyone had problems with the Beta Bios that alows 4V into the memory. My 550 Watt enermax supply provides 3.5 volts without the mod so I wish to use this bios and a mobile A64. Could you guys let me know if you have had any problems.

Thanks

well afaik noone has had anyproblem w/ it, that we havent been able to help them fix. w/ 3.5v-3.3vrail, you should be able to get 3.35-3.4vdimm...

gl

-Jess-

So, Jess...Is this 9-14 version the exact same thing as the 9-12, but just with the fix for Mobiles-DTRs added. There is no other changes?

Jess1313, I flashed 9/12 you know... but i cant get 300MHz anymore (HTT > AUTO or x3) I wont post trough windows anymore. With the original bios i can..

Do you have the same prob? should i flash 9/14??

thnx,

serlv said:
So, Jess...Is this 9-14 version the exact same thing as the 9-12, but just with the fix for Mobiles-DTRs added. There is no other changes?

AFAIK.

kakaroto said:
Jess1313, I flashed 9/12 you know... but i cant get 300MHz anymore (HTT > AUTO or x3) I wont post trough windows anymore. With the original bios i can..

Do you have the same prob? should i flash 9/14??

thnx,

how did you flash to it?, and can you post but not get to windows?, and you can flash back to the original and then you can?

Jess1313 said:
how did you flash to it?, and can you post but not get to windows?, and you can flash back to the original and then you can?
yes, im almost 100% sure that the 8/27 bios can post beyoud 300MHz.

I tested now and i cant go beyond 277MHz HTT :S :S
When i run beyond it i can boot, but when it normal load windows i get Nvidia Controller bios or something (detecting array) very strange.
When i range under 275Mhz hTT is normal again...

I flashed with winflash? not good?

kakaroto said:
yes, im almost 100% sure that the 8/27 bios can post beyoud 300MHz.

I tested now and i cant go beyond 277MHz HTT :S :S
When i run beyond it i can boot, but when it normal load windows i get Nvidia Controller bios or something (detecting array) very strange.
When i range under 275Mhz hTT is normal again...

I flashed with winflash? not good?

Well winflash is the way i was gonna suggest:thup:. Did you update all blocks?

besure that thermal trottling is disabled, as well as C'n'Q. be sure you are trying w/ 3xhtt. also you could try the 9/14, be sure to use winflash, and update all blocks.

when you tested w/ the 8/27 what were you bios setting(CPU mulit, HTT mulit, and ram ratio).

Jess1313 said:
Well winflash is the way i was gonna suggest:thup:. Did you update all blocks?

besure that thermal trottling is disabled, as well as C'n'Q. be sure you are trying w/ 3xhtt. also you could try the 9/14, be sure to use winflash, and update all blocks.

when you tested w/ the 8/27 what were you bios setting(CPU mulit, HTT mulit, and ram ratio).

Yes CnQ and thermal Trot. where disabled. And with lowering the HTT multiplier is still dont load windows...

With the original bios i tested 300x9 (HTT MP = auto) (ram ratio = 166MHz 5:6)

Try 2.5 HTT multi, there is no LDT voltage settings and I believe that when setting multi it auto ajusts voltage for this. What ever it is doing I ran into the same problem & set to 2.5x and this helped alot. I also had to ajust some mem settings to go even higher. I finally got up to 345HTT & when I started it was looseing array just as you said.

Jess1313

just tried 12/09/04 4v bios with my 550W Antec TC modded 3.3v rail @ 3.5v and bios max vdimm is only available at 3.2v = 3.22v in bios, 3.3v vdimm setting = 2.5v in bios :(

eva2000 said:
just tried 12/09/04 4v bios with my 550W Antec TC modded 3.3v rail @ 3.5v and bios max vdimm is only available at 3.2v = 3.22v in bios, 3.3v vdimm setting = 2.5v in bios :(

Try to reflash the bios in winflash and update all blocks. I had the same problem.

Jess1313 said:
Try 2.5 HTT multi, there is no LDT voltage settings and I believe that when setting multi it auto ajusts voltage for this. What ever it is doing I ran into the same problem & set to 2.5x and this helped alot. I also had to ajust some mem settings to go even higher. I finally got up to 345HTT & when I started it was looseing array just as you said.

Jess1313

Nope,

305MHz_HTT.JPG

HTT = AUTO.

I hit this with 8/27...but with the beta not anymore...(looses the array)

Back