• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI 250gb Bate bios - Download

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jess1313

DFI 250gb Beta bios - Download

Sock bios 8/27

DFI OEM 8/27

Official 9/14

DFI Official 9/14
  • Shouldnt be any different than the beta 914, be made it a seperate link anyway, just to be sure....

FIRST BETA'S 9/12

DFI beta 9/12 bios for DFI 250gb UT - by Oskar_WU
  • Fixes - when CPU Thermal Throttling disabled, no post:)

• Fixes - Temp reading wrong(on some)

DFI beta 9/12 4.0vdimm - by Jess1313 & Samurai Jack(aka JSJ)
  • the same as the above Oskar bios +

• This bios gives opions to go UP TO 4.0vdimm, but you must mod you 3.3vrail to use anything above 3.2v. you 3.3v rail must be .1-.15v above the selected Vdimm.(ie for 3.5 vdimm you would need 3.6-3.65v 3.3rail) Just set to 3.5v & ajust PSU 3.3v rail

• i have tested this as high as 3.8vdimm(3.9v 3.3vrail). 3.9, and 4.0 work, they just dont increase vdimm anymore, unless you 3.3vrail at 4.0v, or 4.1v :eek:

SECOND BETA'S 9/14

PLEASE NOTE IT SEEMS THAT SOME ARE HAVING PROBLEMS WITH "CO" REV. DTR'S AND MOBILES, BUT NOT ALL. IT SEEMS THAT ALL "CG" REV. DTR'S/MOBILES HAVE WORKED FINE. ASWELL NO ONE HAS TESTED A NEWCASTLE MOBILE, ALL TESTS HAVE BEEN DONE WITH CLAWHAMMER DTR/MOBILES ONLY.

DFI beta 9/14 working with DTR/mobiles- 3.1vdimm - by Oskar_WU
  • fix- 3 power cycles to get moble/dtr to post, now post instantly :cool:
DFI beta 9/14 working with DTR/mobiles- 4.0 vdimm - by Jess1313 & Samurai Jack(aka JSJ)

• fix- 3 power cycles to get moble/dtr to post, now post instantly (same as oskar 9/14)
  • 4.0vdimm :D w/ a PSU 3.3v rail mod as discribed above...

THIRD BETA'S 10/05

DFI beta 10/05 - 3.1 vdimm - by Oskar_WU
  • 4.66 sata bios
DFI beta 10/05 - 4.0 vdimm - by Jess1313 & Samurai Jack(aka JSJ)

• 4.66 sata bios
  • Vdimm up to 4.0, as discribed in the pervious bioses

FORTH BETA'S 10/15

DFI beta 10/15 - 3.1 vdimm - by Oskar_WU
  • Add memtest option in bios

DFI beta 10/15 - 4.0 vdimm - by Jess1313 & Samurai Jack(aka JSJ)

• Add memtest option in bios
  • Vdimm up to 4.0, as discribed above

Thanks to Oskar for his help :D

Use at your own risk. No Problems reported Yet.

GL
-Jess-

Last edited:
Lets just say I got it.

One thing it didnt fix my boot problem but it should fix for some. I will be working on this board all day if I can help anyone.

It did help my temp readings alot.

Also trying to get some mods done to the bios. (maybe can you say 3.3 Vdimm.) or more hehe.

Jess,
Sorry to be a pain but what flash utility did you use
to update your bios? -i did not see a flash utility
on the Dfi site.

just modded this bios, and now we have Vdimm up to 4.0+v

in the bios are opions to go above 4.0v, but you must mod you 3.3vrail to use anything above 3.2v. you 3.3v rail must be .1-.15v above the selected Vdimm.(ie for 3.5 vdimm you would need 3.6-3.65v3.3rail)

jess1313beta4.0vdimm for dfi nf3-250gb UT....

Last edited:
So these boards will not suffer the same "I-will-die-if-you-flash-my-bios" syndrome that the nf2 DFI's did? wooooot!!

I have had no problems with bios flashing at this time. I have mad settings that where beyound what I should have & still came out with Cmos clearing & no corruption.

I did have to remove the battery sometimes to get it to clear. But then it booted.

Where can I get a bios savior/chip for this board?

I don't like the faulty temp readings...and I'm hesitant to OC before I know what they are...

Jess1313 said:
i just modded this bios, and now we have Vdimm up to 4.0v

in the bios are opions to go above 4.0v, but you must mod you 3.3vrail to use anything above 3.2v. you 3.3v rail must be .1-.15v above the seleted Vdimm.

jess1313beta4.0+vdimm for dfi nf3-250gb UT....

ok just figured it out(after the suggestion of Oscar at dfi-street, tnx man), the Vdimm is fead from the 3.3v rail, so we must turn the 3.3v rail up to get mor vdimm, im at 3.3vrail=3.7v, vdimm set to 3.6 in bios, and i get about 3.55vdimm :cool:. this is alittle high on the 3.3vrail, but ill see how it goes:)

Last edited:
Hey thanks for the bios it fixed my temps :attn:

I was wondering though i have another issue maybe u can help me with, Im trying to see how far i can overclock my 3400clawhammer cg.

I set the CPU VID Control to 1.55 - and boots fine at stock speeds etc..

next is the CPU VID Special Control .. No matter how low i set this it just does not want to boot, i have to clear CMOS every time.

I try 220 x 11 x 4HTT 1.5v + 110% Special Setting = No boot, Clear CMOS

Tried, 200 ( default speeds ) Auto Vid Control, Cpu Vid Special Control +104% = no boot, clear cmos. :confused:

Am i doing something wrong here?

Thanks in advance.

net2mikey said:
Hey thanks for the bios it fixed my temps :attn:

I was wondering though i have another issue maybe u can help me with, Im trying to see how far i can overclock my 3400clawhammer cg.

I set the CPU VID Control to 1.55 - and boots fine at stock speeds etc..

next is the CPU VID Special Control .. No matter how low i set this it just does not want to boot, i have to clear CMOS every time.

I try 220 x 11 x 4HTT 1.5v + 110% Special Setting = No boot, Clear CMOS

Tried, 200 ( default speeds ) Auto Vid Control, Cpu Vid Special Control +104% = no boot, clear cmos. :confused:

Am i doing something wrong here?

Thanks in advance.

humm, this is odd, do you get a no post, or no boot?, try powering on, and off, 3 times, use the power button only, you have to hold it for 5 sec's befor it powers off. but when you power on the third time, dont power off, see if it posts. this is what ihave to do if i have my Mobile Cpu in it. i havent personally exerience this(well, not being directly voltage related), but if i see anything about it, i will point you that way.

Hey,

Well after adjusting the Cpu Special control - save exit etc. it wont even post :(

EDIT - BTW thank you for suggesting that power off method, saves me the time of opening my case and resetting the jumper, but unfortunately still no go with the voltages :/ im going to contact DFI tommorrow and see what they have to say about it, perhaps its just a faulty board.

And again thank you for the quick reply!

Last edited:
You know , U may want to try reflashing the bios to make it all flashed right.

It wouldnt hurt to try, it almost sounds like that controll is just not working. Either that or your CPU just want take the voltage.

Mine if I get to much voltage to cause over heating it shuts down after bootup real quick.

Now for a question.. heh.. What P/S has 3.3v rail pot adjustment? I'm talkin about a good P/S like a 550WATT or more with that option.. I'm using a Antec TC 550WATT that has pot adjustments but the highest i can get the 3.3 line is 3.4 i believe and it only give me 3.24v acording to the bios.

Back