• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Gig of Memory for my system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dicecca112

I want to know peoples opinions of what would be the best memory for my system. My current Kingston ValueRam is dying a slow death, can't hit 200fsb, and that's the default. But I got it as a refurb cheap so, I can't complain. I'm not too current on good makers, always used Kingston. So suggest away

Do you want super fast timings, a good price or just high fsb? You can get a gig of memory for less than $150 with 2.5 cl nowadays. Most of the memory out nowadays will do 200 fsb with no problems.

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=75896 Well Cosair is a very good name brand. For most people they get the COSAIR XMS Series. You might want to tell us what speed (i assume 3200+) you want to get. And price range. Theres a poll at the top of the memory forum page you might want to browse about. I personaly like Crucial, Cosair, and OZC but there are many others. Those seem to overclock well but if your not ocing then almost any decend brand will do you fine.

well I was just thinking, this memory is going to eventually be in an a64 system, so I guess something that will work with both. 3200 or higher preferably higher.

I don't know too much about the DFI boards but I know they do run high FSB.... if high FSB is what you're after then you might want to check out the PQI PC3200 2-2-2-5 ram.... this is the ram in my sig and right now it's some of the hottest ram on the market.

Back