• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gainward Powerpack 2400 Gs/non Gs Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
JeffP said:
Here's a nice hardware outline of each model line.
http://www.gainward.de/new/products/ultra_2000/comparison.html

The GS gets the same hardware as the non GS. The only difference being is the GS's are hand selected because of there better then average results from bench testing.

Something is not right with that product sheet.. My Gainward came with 2xDVI and 2xAdapters plus the copper cooler, from everything I can tell it is not an Ultra, but at the same time cant be the the one without the copper cooler and cant be the one with the VGA port. I am not too enthused with yanking the HS's off to look at the memory either.

CGR said:
Something is not right with that product sheet.. My Gainward came with 2xDVI and 2xAdapters plus the copper cooler, from everything I can tell it is not an Ultra, but at the same time cant be the the one without the copper cooler and cant be the one with the VGA port. I am not too enthused with yanking the HS's off to look at the memory either.

The copper HS is listed as a 2400 GT item. As for the dual DVI that is something they changed early on. The first models released had 1 VGA and 1 DVI all later models had dual DVI. It's not a Ultra, the ultra's have two molex connectors for power. GT's only have 1.

Anybody has running a nonGS?

I am receiving mine tomorrow, and I am afraid of bad OCing results, because they put the bad chips on the nonGS.

Has anybody some OCing-results for me?

TinyRK said:
Anybody has running a nonGS?

I am receiving mine tomorrow, and I am afraid of bad OCing results, because they put the bad chips on the nonGS.

Has anybody some OCing-results for me?

Look at sig for results. Mine is a non GS.

CGR said:
That's the GT.

I have a windows 2003 server advanced edition and I put the BFG in but it didnt like the card very much and I could nto run 3dmark03 benchmarks at all. The card should work just not for games on 2003 at least that was my luck..

sesam2k said:
im getting my gainward 6800 gt gs 2400 this week, and after reading your posts I just cant wait to get it installed :p

I have 3 questions though:
Is anybody running a nVidia card like the gs2400 on "Windows Server 2003" ?
Has anyone tried the Omega nvida drivers with this card? (www.omegacorner.com)
When changing from ATI to nVidia do I need to reinstall games?

Atm, i have an ati 9600 pro and though catalyst doesnt have support for windows server 2k3, omega drivers works like clockwork. So im not really up for reinstallation of OS.

//S

So,
my 6800GT nonGS runs easily with 400/1100Mhz.
Also do I have DualDVI, because on the Gainward-Site stands sth other ;)

Do you have RGB & DVI ?

Further,
which BIOS-Version do you have?

Mine is 5.40.02.15.01

Just tighened up the set screws on the heat sinks, holy crap it auto detected 434/1.160. Before that it was detecting about 420, they must have them loose to avoid damage? I am going to run another 3dmark03 and I bet a crack 13k. More to follow soon...

curt123 said:
Bad Luck with the BFG, I think you get what you pay for and or you can be lucky. After getting the two fan BFG from Best Buy several weeks ago I had no luck in my opinion Overclocking it, based on the reviews of the card I was no where near what it should do. I put it in my other rig and the same results> it would barely run 405/1050. So I returned it and with tax it was the same price as this GS I have now which I haven't even pushed to the limit, running 425/1150 and I have taken it to 431 more to follow. SO for the extra dough I get the best chips and much better thaqn references cooler for the penalty of noise, extra slot and no bundled software, but I already have doom3 and far cry.

I wouldn't knock it as being BFG. I would say you just got a bad overclocker. My BFG is playing games flawlessly at 420/1150. Ive had the card @ 430/1190 for benchmarks. It's also scoring around 13,500 in 3Dmark03. With my NV5 Silencer on the way I should be able to push her a little farther. Im gonna try and squeeze 14k outta this one.

Last edited:
Are the ones coming out this week the ones with 1.6ns ram. Everyone seems to be sold out of the gt gs for the most part and are getting them in this week or next.

I just ran 3d03 this morning at my house and took screen shots at 450/1.06, cpu at 12x225 mem at 11-2-2-2.5 and got roughly 12800 if anyones interested I can post it. Odd thing is any higher on the mem and my scores lower.

My gainward bit the dust. Its acting up in any 3d game so back to gameve at the shipping cost of 11 bucks plus what i pay to ship the new one. I had major artifacts rendering issues on the new star wars/constant. First noticed it on the fields and the 3dmark03, tried it on the dell server same thing, be careful static electricity must be an issue on these, never had this problem with my ati card even oc'd it always came back if it artifacted, got good AD at 434/1160 but the renderings are all f'd up.

I just run mine at 400/1100, seems to work very well and has not had any artifact issues.

curt123 said:
My gainward bit the dust. Its acting up in any 3d game so back to gameve at the shipping cost of 11 bucks plus what i pay to ship the new one. I had major artifacts rendering issues on the new star wars/constant. First noticed it on the fields and the 3dmark03, tried it on the dell server same thing, be careful static electricity must be an issue on these, never had this problem with my ati card even oc'd it always came back if it artifacted, got good AD at 434/1160 but the renderings are all f'd up.

Sorry to hear that. You are the first person I've read that had a bad GW. I still say the GW 6800 GT GS is the best card available. Try another GW and be careful when handling it. Static electricity will kill any electronic device.

Has anyone tried flashing their card with the PNY bios. I heard you can get to 450 1200 not sweat. Let me know because I'm thinking about getting one of these and also who has these in stock for a decent price.

saltytheseagull said:
Has anyone tried flashing their card with the PNY bios. I heard you can get to 450 1200 not sweat. Let me know because I'm thinking about getting one of these and also who has these in stock for a decent price.

There is no magic BIOS that will make your hardware perform beyond it's boundry's. A program like RivaTuner or Coolbits will get you all the OC your card can handle.

Thanks, I wonder what Gameve is going to charge me for shipping. This deal has already cost me an extra 12 bucks

Sniper.nkc said:
Sorry to hear that. You are the first person I've read that had a bad GW. I still say the GW 6800 GT GS is the best card available. Try another GW and be careful when handling it. Static electricity will kill any electronic device.

Back