• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

fx5900 heat spreader question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MODdaBOX

i just got a maze 4 for my evga 5900 and when i tryed to take off the stock heatsink it was really stuck on there from the thermal paste. after a few minutes of trying to get it off i gave it 1 final tug and off it came. but the heat spreader looks bent up not much but you can tell by looking at it. did i damage it taking it off or could it of come like that because i read a few reviews on the cards and they say the heatspreader isnt totally flat. should i just press on the maze 4 and tighten it alot or take it off and put the block directly on the core? i need help with this asap.

thanks for looking
-Bobby

try with it on first, though i don't think you would get good contact with the heatspreader and as5, maybe with some thermal adhesive, something thick. if the temps are too high, then rip the spreader off. my fx5900's heatspreader wasn't flat neither, had to use thermal epoxy to make good contact with the orig hs

Last edited:
thanks for the help bobmanfoo ill try it and see if the pressure of the water block on it will hold it down

Back