• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best place to get Mobile Chips?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rivercom9

Looking to upgrade my CPU to a Mobile but Im not sure which place is currently shipping out the best performing Mobiles, be it 35W or 45W, Im looking to getting 2.5GHz @ no more than 1.8v. Been looking to Newegg but also Monarch Computers and ExcaliberPC, but not sure of how the chips they ship out perform. So if any of you have bought a Mobile recently, I would appreciate it if you posted where you go it from and how it performs (Speed & Voltage & Steppings) so I can try to pick the best place that might get me a chip that can get me what Im looking for. Thanks in advance.

Do not get a mobile 2400+.

Get a 2500+ or 2600+ mobile Barton.

It's a gamble wherever you get it so I would go with the best price AFTER shipping.

Both 35W adn 45W 2400+ mobile Bartons don't do 2.5 GHz any more on average at low voltages.

Your chances are best with 2600+ mobile Bartons but they're more expensive than 2500+ mobiles.

Of course, an all copper heatsink like Thermalright and a name brand power supply will influence things greatly too.

I'd say go with the 45 watt mobile 2600+.
I got mine from newegg, and she is still climbing.

Yep go with 2600. Like I posted elsewhere mine is at 2.5GHz using only 1.65v.

If you're lucky you might end up with an IQYHA (I think this is still considered the best stepping?)

EDIT: Didnt actually answer the question. Newegg is where I got mine. Thought it was only $95 when I got mine. Now $102. If you are risk adverse, excaliberpc guarantees steppings. Though $8 more.

Last edited:
These places move a lot more chips than we assume in just 24 hours, let alone two or three weeks...

Ya thats why I was hopin he had gotten it very recently. I read on the reviews of the 2600+ and there was a guy who ordered a couple of days ago and got a IQYHA, but then again you always risk not getting a good stepping. :/

billy_cat said:
Yep go with 2600. Like I posted elsewhere mine is at 2.5GHz using only 1.65v.

If you're lucky you might end up with an IQYHA (I think this is still considered the best stepping?)

EDIT: Didnt actually answer the question. Newegg is where I got mine. Thought it was only $95 when I got mine. Now $102. If you are risk adverse, excaliberpc guarantees steppings. Though $8 more.

I'd pay the extra 8 bones and get the IQYHA stepping if I knew about it. I think I lucked out with newegg thou. I didn't check out the stepping like an idiot and just installed it. It hit 2665 for a night of prime95 @ 1.8v. Temps leveled off at 56c so I backed it back down to what it is now. Hopefully with better cooling I can get it back there.

The thing with Excaliber though is that they charge an extra 8 bucks + 5 more for shipping and add tax to the equation and I will probably end up paying about 12-15 more than I would going with the Egg. I think I might chance it with Newegg. Thanks for the input guys.

I ordered a 2600+ xpm from newegg last night should be here by Friday if it cames from new jersey if not I'll recieve it next week, if your not in a hurry I'll tell you how it does. I alrready have a 2600+ which I got about a month ago from newegg and it used to do 2.5ghz @ 1.63v but then after I tried to boot at 2.7ghz @ 1.93v it wouldn't boot and my highest oc lowered to 2.4ghz and then 2.3ghz I'll never feed that much voltage again.

Heya River :)

Go with the 2600 most seem to have better luck with them.. Hopefully you get a I stepping cuz they are generally better. But then again I knew someone with a A stepping that ran it at 2.7..lol

I think it all comes down to luck for the most part..

GL
THunDA

phatty2x4 said:
www.excaliberpc.com has 3 different 2600+ mobiles. 2 are "I" stepping(different weeks) and 1 is "a" stepping. They're all $115 shipped, but are guaranteed. I wish i knew which one to get.

um yeah which one is better the I code or the A code? I would like to know, hopping to hit 3000mhz on water.

whoever said:
um yeah which one is better the I code or the A code? I would like to know, hopping to hit 3000mhz on water.
"I" is best, but i doubt you'll hit 3ghz unless you have sub zero temps or you're the luckiest person in the world.

I just got my new mobile from newegg and as you can see in my sig it has the "A" stepping, it needs a little more voltage to be stable.

Back