• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New BIOS available for 8KDA3+/J 9/10/03 and 9/15/04

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Odie812

EDIT: The BIOS' are 9/10/04 and 9/15/04 despite my typos in the thread title :)

They are available on Magic BIOS, but not on any Epox websites yet. No idea as to what they change, because they don't actually fix anything, as far as I can tell.

The VCore issue was still there despite overwriting the boot sector, but I have cleared CMOS and removed the battery and it's now reporting 1.544-1.648 pretty solid in CPU-Z. I don't trust USDM whatsoever. We'll see...

Perhaps if some of us flash we can get an idea as to if they are supposed to help or not.

Odie :)

Last edited:
I tried downloading it with MagicBIOS, but it kept stopping part way through the download. I decided to not bother with it until I can download it manually and flash it the old fasion way.

I downloaded it last night and found that I could reach higher o/c's with the default Vcore and memory timings than previous bios versions. I also like that I can disable SATA detection at post since I use the IDE controllers.

I also modded the bios to make 1.75v and 1.80v selectable.

I used Tmod's biosmod then modbin in a dos mod to make 1.75 and 1.80v selectable... file's here if you want to try... http://ca.geocities.com/[email protected]/MOD34915.BIN

AS ALWAYS, USE AT YOUR OWN RISK

Back