• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

6800nu idle is above core slowdown threshold

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Nandro said:
The throttle temp should be in Celcius as well as the other temp measurements.
I was about to say :eek:... I certianly hope its a mistake cuz 120c* is really REALLY hot. You could almost boil water at the temperature :eek:

Sentential said:
I was about to say :eek:... I certianly hope its a mistake cuz 120c* is really REALLY hot. You could almost boil water at the temperature :eek:

Hehe, you can - water boil at 100c ;-) It's pretty funky that the boards can operate at those temperatures.

BTW, i just downloaded Expertool and that app really kicks ***

I have never seen one get that hot even though the threshhold is that high. even 70-80C is super hot. Evidently they are made to withstand extremely high temps. I have noticed on mine even though its water cooled that when the ram gets warm the performance starts to degrade.

Sentential said:

ahahhahhaha....hahahha..haaahahh

hahaha. that is a good quote. :D

no no, sorry gigabit, i'm not laughing at you.

i was laughing at the "almost boil water at that temperature" comment by sent.
;)

OK now tell me what just happened.I ran 3dmark and only got 9100 but and i OCed it to 380 core and 800 memory and right before i ran it the temps were 58-59c now that i have ran it with the oc its temps are now 48c and steady what gives.Maybe it needed a break in period or something but with the core at 380 and the ram 800 the card is running cooler.11c cooler what happened?why would my temps drop when i overclock does this card up the fan speed when the oc number hit a certain piont.I dont hear the fan getting any louder.

Ok now i have alittle trick it dont matter if i overclock or not a long as i set it up to OC.The temp drops.But as soon as i set it to no oc temps go back up.Crazy but it works.Has any one else seen this.Im using coolbits .

gigabit said:
OK now tell me what just happened.I ran 3dmark and only got 9100 but and i OCed it to 380 core and 800 memory and right before i ran it the temps were 58-59c now that i have ran it with the oc its temps are now 48c and steady what gives.Maybe it needed a break in period or something but with the core at 380 and the ram 800 the card is running cooler.11c cooler what happened?why would my temps drop when i overclock does this card up the fan speed when the oc number hit a certain piont.I dont hear the fan getting any louder.

Weird..

What are the default speeds for a NU?

Section8 said:
Weird..

What are the default speeds for a NU?
325 core and 700 on the ram.I have been running tests with mine .If i oc it to 350 /725 i get a cooler card it drops the temps down 9-12c just at idle but if its cooler at idle it gotta be cooler at speed right.I wonder if this true with all 6800's or do i have a freak.I dont here they fan getting any louder and mine is the loudest fan in my case next to the 735 polo.But if i run it at 2100 prm's i can hardly here it.

The core slowdown threshold for 6800 is different from 6800 GT? Seems like mine is at 120°C, while yours is 135°C?

Back