• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Explanations of DFI NF3-250GB Bios settings/Ramtimings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Grov said:
Heheh yeah your right.

Using stock voltage for CPU, i didn't think id need to alter, obviously i do.

Though ive read a lot of stuff from you and others, and it seems it's best to find your max memory speed first, so ive put the Multiplier to 10, and tryed 210 fsb, with everything you said, and it seems to be priming fine, for 40 mins, so should i bump it to 215 and do it again???

If it becomes unstable should i then try uping the vcore a bit and then chipset voltage. temps are 48-51c, so they seem ok i think?

yeah clawhammer usually like a Vcore bump :beer: .

yeah try up to 215, and then if its stable there, try 220, etc.

its this at 1:1 mem?

-Jess-

Yeah mate, just primed for about 30mins at 215 1:1 and it was fine, no change to chipset or vcore? so is this good news? Ill keep reporting back is this ok Jess? thanks for ya help once again! :cool:

Just wondering if iam testing it enough, should i use somet else? Just hard to know how stable it really is, isn't it.

Grov said:
Yeah mate, just primed for about 30mins at 215 1:1 and it was fine, no change to chipset or vcore? so is this good news? Ill keep reporting back is this ok Jess? thanks for ya help once again! :cool:

Just wondering if iam testing it enough, should i use somet else? Just hard to know how stable it really is, isn't it.

Hey bro, it think it would be better if you made a new thread over here in the DFI section :D .

yeah, well, for quick testing thats ok, later i would suggest you get more indepth, and run prime for atleast 8hours :thup:

so that was at 215x10 1:1 right?

just make a new thread and well dicsuss there ;)

GL
-Jess-

Hello!
Guys, i hope you can help me a little...

so, i got this new board 2 days ago, and I find it very cool :) now i run this at 6.5*350, rams at ddr400, and here is the problem:
during posting, i see that the rams at 1T. People suggested to me, i sholud change it to 2T, and maybe it will help with the C'n'Q, cause it doesnt work for me...it restarts the comp and sometimes it just freeze down.. :/ Does c&q work for anyone here??
anyway, if it does not help, i still want to change from 1T to 2T, cause i dont have GODlike rams, and i cant really oc these (TwinMos 2*256)...but, as it was written in the first post, i cant see the cpc (command...sthing...) So, do i have a co rev cpu?? What does it mean? Is there no chance to change these settings?? it would be really pity :(( can these change with another bios version.... i have absolutaly no idea, what co and cg rev means, please, someone explain it :) but not with full of strange english, i'm from hungary, i'm not that good at it.. :))
Thanks in advance... :))

+oh, and plus one: what is the correct, working speed for HT? it works sometimes with 600mhz, but it works now 875, so i dont exactly understand it.. :)

bye

OK 1T-2T, if you are using the shipped bios it does not have this setting. You will have to flash to a beta bios to have this. Now if you a CO chip you cant change it anyway. If you have CG you can use a64tweaker to set this CPC. Here a link to download of the program

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=37345

go to bottom of the first post & there you can download a64tweaker.

So what kinda CPU do you have Newcatlse or clawhammer. You can use CPUZ to find out. Here is a link for CPUZ http://www.cpuid.com download it & it will tell if you have CG/CO (little # at bottom like SH7-CO or SH7-CG)

I am afraid that C&Q is having problems with 2 sticks of ram, this has been verified a few times & at this moment there is no fix.

HTT speed - This is your LDT multiplier times your HTT/FSB. Its the bus between your chipset & CPU(ram not on this bus) try to keep it around 800 to 1000 when overclocking. ( LDT 4x200 HTT=800 or LDT 3x300=900 HTT ect.ect...)

SJ
:sn:

tauka said:
Hello!
Guys, i hope you can help me a little...

so, i got this new board 2 days ago, and I find it very cool :) now i run this at 6.5*350, rams at ddr400, and here is the problem:
during posting, i see that the rams at 1T. People suggested to me, i sholud change it to 2T, and maybe it will help with the C'n'Q, cause it doesnt work for me...it restarts the comp and sometimes it just freeze down.. :/ Does c&q work for anyone here??
anyway, if it does not help, i still want to change from 1T to 2T, cause i dont have GODlike rams, and i cant really oc these (TwinMos 2*256)...but, as it was written in the first post, i cant see the cpc (command...sthing...) So, do i have a co rev cpu?? What does it mean? Is there no chance to change these settings?? it would be really pity ( can these change with another bios version.... i have absolutaly no idea, what co and cg rev means, please, someone explain it :) but not with full of strange english, i'm from hungary, i'm not that good at it.. )
Thanks in advance... )

+oh, and plus one: what is the correct, working speed for HT? it works sometimes with 600mhz, but it works now 875, so i dont exactly understand it.. :)

bye

The mane difference between the CO, and the CG rev cpu is that with a CO rev you cannot use 2T command rate, only 1T, but with a CG you may use either 1T, or 2T.

As SJ stated, unless you are only using 1 stick of ram, C & Q doesnt work:(.

download the Program that SJ linked you to, and it will tell you if you have a CO, or a CG.

Is there CPC(1T/2T) option in your bios?, if so, you have a CG, and if not, then you have a CO.

GL
-Jess-

hmm, you are definitely great, you answered all my questions... :)
i dl-ed cpu-z, and i found out, that i have clawhammer, with sh7-co rev. :( so it is now true, i cant change the t1 stuff :( I'm really disappointed, i dont know how i will use these ram effectively...i just dont know, how i could have check the cpu, when i bought it.. something with the stepping..?? too bad, i cant take it back to the shop...hmm :/
thanks anyway

tauka said:
hmm, you are definitely great, you answered all my questions... :)
i dl-ed cpu-z, and i found out, that i have clawhammer, with sh7-co rev. :( so it is now true, i cant change the t1 stuff :( I'm really disappointed, i dont know how i will use these ram effectively...i just dont know, how i could have check the cpu, when i bought it.. something with the stepping..?? too bad, i cant take it back to the shop...hmm :/
thanks anyway

hey man, does you Clawhammer have 512k, or 1024k L2 cache?, some have gotten Halfcashe disabled clawhammer, when they ordered/purchased Newcastles

Gl
-Jess-

it has 512 l2 cache

i dont really understand, according to a cpu-history stuff, clawhammers start from 3000+, but this cpu actually 2800+
maan, i dont get it...

tauka said:
it has 512 l2 cache

i dont really understand, according to a cpu-history stuff, clawhammers start from 3000+, but this cpu actually 2800+
maan, i dont get it...

well, there are not 2800 FULL CACHE clawhammer.

If amd has a Clawhammer, and one of its cashe blocks was bad, then they disable it, and sold it under the Newcastle name. You can tell this by the Ordered part #.

if the last 2 letters are

AP= CO clawhammer(if its sold as a clawhammer, it will have 1024k L2 Cashe, and if its sold as a Newcastle, the it will have 512k)

AR=CG clawhammer(usually AR's are only sold in there FULL CASHE variety)

AX=CG newcastle

okay, then 2 solutions are: change my cpu with one another (maybe who has better rams, that like 1T, dont need a cg rev cpu...), or buy new, 1T rams...sh*t.. :)

thanks anyway, and sorry for the off-topic...

this is my first post, so hello to everyone :):):)

jess: great work, i have a question: may i translate your tutor into polish and post it on polish forum www.tweak.pl ?? i will write that you are author and i post link to original topic.

nisan said:
this is my first post, so hello to everyone :):):)

jess: great work, i have a question: may i translate your tutor into polish and post it on polish forum www.tweak.pl ?? i will write that you are author and i post link to original topic.

Welcome to the forums nisan, and i hope this can be of some help to man :)

and you may of course translate it into polish, and repost it where ever you like man. :sn:

GL
-Jess-

Jess1313 said:
Welcome to the forums nisan, and i hope this can be of some help to man :)

and you may of course translate it into polish, and repost it where ever you like man. :sn:

GL
-Jess-

thx.
i have one more q:
Jess1313 said:
**Refresh Period(tREF)**=

1552= 100mhz(?.?us)

what means this "?" in brackets ?

nisan said:
thx.
i have one more q:

what means this "?" in brackets ?

its no problem man...

the ?.? simple means that me have not be able to figure out what the values of though settings are yet:(

Gl
-Jess-

Jess : I have a question about CPU Thermal-Throttling.
Does it have any effect to setting it?
Thanks for your articles, it helps me a lot.

decptt said:
Jess : I have a question about CPU Thermal-Throttling.
Does it have any effect to setting it?
Thanks for your articles, it helps me a lot.

well, if you are using the stock bios, it will not post if you disable it..

also, if you have it enabled at any percent, and you overclock, there is a possibility of some video/3D instablity. Or at least that has been my experience :thup:

i would disable it, if you plan on overclocking

GL
-Jess-

Jess1313 said:

Jess, I need yr help PLEASE
The Current setting of Mine shows in my signature.
Here's problem
When I set everything(your yellow and **....** ) to lowest number as you reccommend, it hangs!!!! :bang head
Can you suggest me to set it, please. :clap: I want the PI 32sec like you :rolleyes:

And can you tell what VID you set to yr CPU (10x255) So jealous :mad: and the ram (I set 2.8v and 2.5-3-5-3 1T work fine for PC3200 Ballistix[with 250 to 255 FSB 1:1] :attn: ). and what heatsink do you use?
Thank you

Last edited:
decptt said:
Jess, I need yr help PLEASE
The Current setting of Mine shows in my signature.
Here's problem
When I set everything(your yellow and **....** ) to lowest number as you reccommend, it hangs!!!!
Can you suggest me to set it, please. :clap: I want the PI 32sec like you :rolleyes:

And can you tell what VID you set to yr CPU (10x255) So jealous and the ram (I set 2.8v and 2.5-3-5-3 1T work fine for PC3200 Ballistix[with 250 to 255 FSB 1:1] :attn: ). and what heatsink do you use?
Thank you

lol........

well, alot of thoughs setting wont work, with all rams:(. Those were accived with my BH-6, and i havent much other ram to test with:(...

give me alittle will to think on it ATM, Samuria Jack and i are auto to post a new bios, so give a min or so :beer:

GL
-Jess-

EDIT: if you could please post ALL you bios setting/ram timings:->

Jess1313 said:
lol........

well, alot of thoughs setting wont work, with all rams:(. Those were accived with my BH-6, and i havent much other ram to test with:(...

give me alittle will to think on it ATM, Samuria Jack and i are auto to post a new bios, so give a min or so :beer:

GL
-Jess-

EDIT: if you could please post ALL you bios setting/ram timings:->
I will but now i'm running Prime95 so I will post tomorrow let you help me :D

Here is new bios from oskar
http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=20654#post20654
i have some bug report inside that as well ;)

(I use 9/14 oskar right now)

Last edited:
Back