• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Explanations of DFI NF3-250GB Bios settings/Ramtimings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thanx alot for the great info you shared Jess! :D

That DFI thing is REALLY complicated!
I am using Corsair Pc4400 with Hynix D5 IC's and i saw that you where about to post some results with them also.Is this still the deal?I Got my DFI yesterday and i could use some help :D

Thanx

+Samael+ said:
Thanx alot for the great info you shared Jess! :D

That DFI thing is REALLY complicated!
I am using Corsair Pc4400 with Hynix D5 IC's and i saw that you where about to post some results with them also.Is this still the deal?I Got my DFI yesterday and i could use some help :D

Thanx

well, ill do meh best to get some Hynix timings up.

but i gave up with meh hynix, i wouldnt do past 275-280@3-4-4-10 stable, and when i can run 255@2-2-2-10, well obviously meh bh-6 works better for me.

the hynix is really simple accually

try your best to go by the guide, and let us know your results, and ill take look then over, and add them to the guide.

GL
-Jess-

Hmm...so i will have to do the paper work uhh...! :D
I will continue the tests and inform you when i have some news ;)

Thnx for the useful info...yesterday I played with my timings through A64 twk and BIOS...so I obtained better sandra RAm BW and gained 1" @ same settings in SuperPi 1 Mb...;)

anyway I think every ram is to be checked as a world apart...my Bh5 settings are different from Bh5 settings of other friends..:)

CapFTP said:
Thnx for the useful info...yesterday I played with my timings through A64 twk and BIOS...so I obtained better sandra RAm BW and gained 1" @ same settings in SuperPi 1 Mb...;)

anyway I think every ram is to be checked as a world apart...my Bh5 settings are different from Bh5 settings of other friends..:)

Thats great...:D

Yes, not all ram, even if its exactly the same type, will take the same timings, at the same clocks. all timings are just suggested, and figuring out what you ram likes is just up to you;)

GL
-Jess-

Jess1313, How in the Worlds name do you manage to get as high as 26xxx 3DMarks (3DMark 2001 SE) with that setup???? With my setup (Look in sig) I barely make it to 21000! Is it because you have overclocked you Radeon 9800 Pro to those levels? Or are there some major tweaks I have missed?

Thanks

Ok, found out why your score is so high. I previoulsy ran a Socket A Mobile system. That setup didn't increase my benchmarks alot when overclocking My Radeon 9800 Pro. But it did increase much when overclocking it on my new Athlon64!

It seems this video Card scales much better on the A64!

turrican9 said:
Jess1313, How in the Worlds name do you manage to get as high as 26xxx 3DMarks (3DMark 2001 SE) with that setup???? With my setup (Look in sig) I barely make it to 21000! Is it because you have overclocked you Radeon 9800 Pro to those levels? Or are there some major tweaks I have missed?

Thanks

:bday:

well, my CPU(1m L2 cache) was at 10x260, with mem at 1:1@2-2-2-5 when i ran that, and meh Vid card at 477/427(if i remember right), and also, i was using omega cat 4.8 based drives, which helped alot as well.....

and of course, all other bios tweaks...

GL
-Jess-

I ran the 1mb Super PI what a lot of people talk about. I got 36 seconds, is this any good.

Grov said:
I ran the 1mb Super PI what a lot of people talk about. I got 36 seconds, is this any good.

super PI is VERY memory dependant, for your ram , this is good. at my 10x260 @ 2-2-2-5, i get 32sec. if my timings were loose, and my ram slower, then my score would be 35-37 i woudl say.....

-Jess-

+Samael+ said:
Hmm...so i will have to do the paper work uhh...! :D
I will continue the tests and inform you when i have some news ;)

Hey man, well, i finally got around to really un my CT-D5 though its rounds on this board. i plan to post my results to night :bday:

Just though i would bump this, its getting near the bottom, and there are a few updates :thup:

-Jess-

Yep,

Video cards seem to take off and scale very well on A64...Just haven't had time to swap all my stuff around to see.

Sincerely, RGone... :)

@jess: How about posting some OCZ EB optimized timings? :D

Can't seem to get mine much over 260 3-2-2-10 1T at 3.2v. It passes memtest fine, but to get it passing 3Dmark 01 I had to use a HTT multi of 2.5, which sounds a bit low to me.
Anyway, I haven't played much around with all the other mem settings yet. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

mattspalace said:
a little off topic, but does anyone know when MBM5 will support this board?

well, AFAIK, didnt the program writer for MBM decide to drop futur updates for MBM...:-/

-Jess-

disco_bazoon said:
@Jess: How about posting some OCZ EB optimized timings? :D

Can't seem to get mine much over 260 3-2-2-10 1T at 3.2v. It passes memtest fine, but to get it passing 3Dmark 01 I had to use a HTT multi of 2.5, which sounds a bit low to me.
Anyway, I haven't played much around with all the other mem settings yet. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

hey man :cool:

well, ill do meh best:), im all most ready to post my D5 setting, you can chech some of the action out here...

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=340004

when i get all this taken care of, ill look over alot of peoples posts that have EB's, as i dont have any to try out my self....:-/

-Jess-

You better start tweaking there disco_bazoon.. Cuz my UT will be here soon and my BH5 just cant wait.. hehe ;)

Jess1313 said:
hey man :cool:

well, ill do meh best:), im all most ready to post my D5 setting, you can chech some of the action out here...

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=340004

when i get all this taken care of, ill look over alot of peoples posts that have EB's, as i dont have any to try out my self....:-/

-Jess-
Sounds good man. Hey, what HTT multi are you using for that 255HTT? Again, I think 2.5x sounds low for my 260HTT... I dunno. I will work on it tonight and see if I can make any progress :santa:

@THunDA: You're chanceless man, chanceless :bday:
Are the vsense mods in place yet? Or do you need more multimeter lessons? :D

Okay, did ALOT of playing today, and I think I'm happy with the results. I am now running my two sticks of 512MB EB at:
3-2-2-10 1T 3.2v at 250HTT for now. I will continue to rise the HTT when I've finished tweaking the mem settings. Anyway, here are my settings:
Row cycle time (tRC) @ 7
Row refresh cycle time (tRFC) @ 10
Row to row delay (tRRD) @ 0
Write recovery time (tWR) @ 2
Write to read delay (tWTR) @ 1
Read to write delay (tRTW) @ 2
Write CAS latency (tWCL) @ 1
DRAM drive strength @ 1
Max async. latency @ 6ns
Read preamble time @ 4.5ns
Idle cycle limit @ 16clks
Dynamic counter @ enabled
R/W queue bypass @ 8x
Bypass max @ 7x
32 byte granulation @ 8 burst

I've still got Refresh period (tREF) and DQS skew control left to play with.
Gained some nice numbers in sandra & everest mem benches. Also gained quite a bit in 3Dmark 01. I've only tested 3 passes of memtest till now, but it seems stable. What are you guys with EB running at?
It was alot of work, but oh, so fun :D

Back