• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD starts shipping 90 nanometre Athlon 64s

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mata2974

According the the Inquirer, those 90nm Athlon64 are now shipping, so keep an eye on these babies, they should be fantastic to overclock. Read it here The stepping is shoshown on this Japanese link below

QDZ1_90a64.jpg

just one step closer to my a64 purchase, the final piece of the puzzle is a nf4 sli mobo

Not for me ;) Ive already got a 6800GT. Soon as I see the results for these puppies will be the indicator when I go A64. Its either gonna be late next year or Xmas.

I'm holding out for the 90nmn Opterons to reach the UK and build a kickass dual rig... ;)

From the part number shown in the picture:

ADA3500DIK4BI

It looks like it is a desktop (90 nm)
3500+
939 lidded OuPGA
1.4 V

512 KB L2
revision BI

I really really hope thats a typo, otherwise we got another prescott on your hands. If it has 1MB cache, then its ok, but if thats really 512kb we got problems

They're 512k. It's the first revision, so don't expect too much out of it. As things pick up, 90nm will take off, but right now, they're just premature.

i still hope they overcame IBM's problems.. - 2.5GHz g5 need watercooling :(
waiting for Ed's comments on this btw ;)

I don't see what all the fuss is about.

So thee made on as maller fabrication, so what?

There the first revisions, doubt they will o/c well.

CG Newcastle is best bet surely.

Grov said:
I don't see what all the fuss is about.

So thee made on as maller fabrication, so what?

There the first revisions, doubt they will o/c well.

CG Newcastle is best bet surely.
Doenst matter, they will still OC (hopefully) better than a NC. We will eventually see 3ghz on air with 90nm

Back