• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD starts shipping 90 nanometre Athlon 64s

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
you could have gotten the s939 90nm winchester for the same price you paid for that 130nm newcastle. If thats the case, all the more reason my 3200+ newcastles being sold once the 90nm winchester comes :)

......."The current core for the Athlon 64 3000+ CPU, codenamed

Oakville, will continue to be used for AMD’s notebook lineup until the first quarter

of 2005. The Oakville will then be replaced by a new core, the Lancaster, which

will have a 1MB L2 cache and clock speeds of 2GHz (Athlon 64 3200+) and

2.2GHz (Athlon 64 3400+)......",

Now 1MB L2 cache on a 90nm mobile sounds very good indeed....

Original story from HERE

Are there mobile versions of the 90nm A64 (Oakville) out yet? Will they be showing up when the Winchesters arive? A 35W 90nm A64 looks like it could be a killer overclocker, maybe 2.6-2.8ghz range on air.

Last edited:
Strykar said:
Kinda dissapointing

Not really. In past history the first out of the new smaller process was never an overclocking champ. Now with 90nm it is even harder. I was expecting this. Look at Prescott for example, it really sucked when it first came out, now look at them doing 4.2+GHz. Look at the first of the .13micron Athlon XP 2200's, they did not do good. Look at them now...my 1700 is doing 2.5Ghz....look at the mobile bartons....

Give it time and they will do better.

@md0Cer said:
Not really. In past history the first out of the new smaller process was never an overclocking champ. Now with 90nm it is even harder. I was expecting this. Look at Prescott for example, it really sucked when it first came out, now look at them doing 4.2+GHz. Look at the first of the .13micron Athlon XP 2200's, they did not do good. Look at them now...my 1700 is doing 2.5Ghz....look at the mobile bartons....

Give it time and they will do better.

Unfortunately I dont have much patience :(

Speaking of which... Willys are another good addition to your list.. hehe

Back