• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

eVGA 6800 GT and regular 128mb H/S

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gigabit

Is the heat sink on the 6800nu the same as the GT.eVGA says that the new copper H/S for the GT wont work on the NU .But they look a like .What do you think.The only difference i see is that little black H/S that runs along the back of the card.Right by the capcitors.

6800nu

Last edited:
I think it will fit i say it's some nerd sitting at a computer looking at the same info i am and since it dont say it fits thats what he tells me.

6800GT

I would think it would fit, I won one of the copper heatsinks for my eVGA GT, if I can find a friend that would randomly buy a 6800nu I will see if it fits, no promises though since I don't think anyone I know is getting anything above a 6600 anytime soon. I should have taken apart my 6800nu while I had it.

Did you step up?Or did you just buy the GT and sell the nu.Also on my nu when i OC my temps drop 9-12c is this normal.If i set it to oc and then switch to temp and watch i see the temp fall from 59-60c to 49c.Does the fan have a high low mode on it that kicks in when overclocking?nice win by the way .What r u doing with the old h/S?I might have to get me a NV5 i guess but i really like the looks of this card stock.But i am also thinking of stepping up.Not sure of what im gonna do about that as of yet i am happy with the card so far but for $100 i can have a GT.I dont know.What to do.

Why wouldnt it fit? They use the very same mounting holes. That stock cooler you have is the same they are selling, except its copper. Btw I am getting one myself for my PNY.

you should definately use some AS5. also afaik the sinks are identicle. if you remove the piece of aluminum with the evga logo on it you will reveal an aluminum sink identicle to the copper sink eVGA is selling.

J.

I have a bfg gt and a chaintech NU and they are the same. The bfg HS was alluminum and the chaintech is copper. They are interchangeable. I was supprised the CT was copper.

Nandro said:
I have a bfg gt and a chaintech NU and they are the same. The bfg HS was alluminum and the chaintech is copper. They are interchangeable. I was supprised the CT was copper.
Really? well they should honestally use copper on all of them. Hell we all know they are hot enough to warrent it.

Back