• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nhl 2004...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lat

nhl 2005...

is out!

who picked it up already? if you have, how does it play?
i'm going to pick it up as soon as i scrounge up enough cash :temper:

Last edited:
yeah nhl 2004 already came out, you meant 2005. From all the reviews i have seen it looks like 2004 with just a world hocley league mode.

dicecca112 said:
yeah nhl 2004 already came out, you meant 2005. From all the reviews i have seen it looks like 2004 with just a world hocley league mode.
Lol i read the title and I was like umm yeah its been out for like, 8 months :beer:
Yeah i still prefer sega's game, and its cheaper so. Not on pc tough that *****
TheNewGuy

I picked it up last tuesday, and I like it lot. It's much like 04, and as usual the menu music is sweet. The GFX look even better than last year.

I still dislike how the controller programing works-for some reason it won't lets certain buttons map in certain places....like, I can't have speed burst as a pad button..only as a trigger.... errrrrr.

It still feels a lot like 04 a even though they have re-written the skateing physics....oh and fighting is as pointless as usual.

On a side note....I HOPE THE NHL CLEANS UP ITS HEAD OFFICE...OR HOCKEY WILL NEVER BE THE SAME AGAIN....TOO MANY MORONS...FAR TOO MANY MORONS....rant complete.

invisible hand said:
On a side note....I HOPE THE NHL CLEANS UP ITS HEAD OFFICE...OR HOCKEY WILL NEVER BE THE SAME AGAIN....TOO MANY MORONS...FAR TOO MANY MORONS....rant complete.

I agre, I will be pissed if we get screwed out of the finals.

going to get the game now... mall closes in 20 minutes :D

oh wow, i can't believe i put 2004 instead of 2005
i've had 2004 ingrained into my brain because i've played it so much :p

yeah, tell me how 2005 is
a buncha people say it's not worth buying, but there's no demo for me to try out
i'm kinda iffy about whether i should still get it

Lat said:
oh wow, i can't believe i put 2004 instead of 2005
i've had 2004 ingrained into my brain because i've played it so much :p

yeah, tell me how 2005 is
a buncha people say it's not worth buying, but there's no demo for me to try out
i'm kinda iffy about whether i should still get it

2005 is really awesome... I just lost the first game from my dynasty :eek: (friggen Senators killed me 5-3), but the gameplay is really awesome. The graphics seem better, you can actually see the players' lips move when they talk, and they have different faicial expressions. It is a sharp looking game...if you love hockey, it's a must. :D

invisible hand said:
Do you guys play online? If so please post your screen name. My screen name is...chenwaa.

I remember last year when I got 2004, it came with one year free to play one EA's server, but I dont thik I got such a thing this year, so it doesnt look like I'll be playing this online this year :(

Just sign in the same way as last year. I didn't have to pay, enter any additional information, or change anything. The system recognized my data from 04 and signed me in. The database even has my record and other stats from last year under my name. I think EA just decided to leave the account cards out to save money......(see page 6 in the game manual).

Back