• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BIOS editing guide for 6800 available?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TWY

In the nVnews forums, there is a guide to edit the 5900 family of BIOS manually using a BIOS HEX editor, and then flashing the card using nV Flash.

I wonder whether is there such a guide done up, or being done up for the 6800 series of cards? I'm not very sure whether to use the OmniExtremeEdit FX, since there have been so many fixes done to the program (I may have mistaken, but there's one program which had problems reading this and that in cards' BIOSes?).
:confused:

I'm mostly looking at editing memory latencies only. Meddling with GPU volts and default speeds are secondary.

Thanks. :)

i volt modded mine to 1.4 and set gpu to 400 ram at 550 and flashed it.. then coolbits2 overclocked it to 430gpu and 1120 ram with a nv silencer 5.. runs pretty good.. but then a few hours of sims2 and the screen craps on me.. only appears in that game tho.. everything else ran good..

I think my 3dmark03 score suck tho, might be cpu limited...

Last edited:
Back